Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gateway Model: GT5676
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=458][attachment=459]Gateway Model: GT5676
Manufacturer: Gateway
-Motherboard Model: GT5676
-Bios revision: 7B3G1P04, 2/18/08
-Bios Type: AMI
Gateway-RS780 Mod with acer 2.1
with unlocked cpu support new link

Download

Mirror
Question on the BIOS revision here -- mine is 7B3G1P04, which matches what is posted here, but when I download the file the instructions are for 7B3P081G. Is the included instruction file incorrect/outdated, or is this actually for 7B3P081G and not 7B3G1P04? Or does that not matter in this case?

I'm afraid to flash the BIOS with the wrong data.

Thanks!
Since the aptly named Brainsuck never saw fit to reply to this question, I thought SOMEONE should do it:

NO, don't use this bios update for the 7B3G1P04 motherboard!

If you are fortunate enough to be a Computer Systems Engineer with over 40 years of experience, as am I, it will only take you 4 hours or so to repair the damage and get your computer to boot again, otherwise, you will have to pay someone to do it for you.

SuperModerator? Indeed. I could think of other titles, but that would simply be rude.

Joe

(09-15-2012, 07:39 AM)GraphPaper Wrote: [ -> ]Question on the BIOS revision here -- mine is 7B3G1P04, which matches what is posted here, but when I download the file the instructions are for 7B3P081G. Is the included instruction file incorrect/outdated, or is this actually for 7B3P081G and not 7B3G1P04? Or does that not matter in this case?

I'm afraid to flash the BIOS with the wrong data.

Thanks!