Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Gateway M-7305u BIOS Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone here could help me by unlocking my Gateway BIOS?

It's a Gateway M-7305u Laptop that I have brought back to life with a new CPU and RAM.

The only thing is that the RAM is not running at full speed and would like to have advance settings to make this possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please and thank you!

DIRECT BIOS DOWNLOAD

[attachment=7969]
Any update on this? Is there anything I can do to help?
Please let me know Smile

Thanks!
Hello, is there any update on this? Is there anything that can be done to this BIOS? If not just let me know so I dont keep my hopes up lol.

Please any info on the status on this would be great!

Thanks again for looking into this either way Smile
Hello Unomas,

I will take a look at your BIOS image.

~Stevne
Hello Unomas,

Your BIOS image contains a hidden (unlinked) INTEL Menu. This is my first time modding a non-Dell .exe directly without having a .wph file, but the process and the result will be the same.

~Steven
I attached the .wph file in the first post. What I did was I ran the .EXE and copied the TEMP file to get the bios while it was being executed.

and Thank you for replying!

Let me know if you need anything.
Hello Unomas,

Thanks. I somehow managed to miss that file! I am going to restart the modding process with the .wph file.

~Steven
Also, would the mod allow me to increase video ram and edit RAM timings?
Hello Unomas,

There is a setting that will enable you to modify the amount of video RAM, but I believe that your current default setting is already the highest available. This is the case in most basic-BIOSed (before modification) Intel-based notebooks that I modify.

I will check if there are any RAM Timings or CPU Overclocking settings available, but there probably are not any available for unlock in your BIOS image.

~Steven
I checked and there were not any overclocking/timing settings. Your BIOS mod is nearing completion!

EDIT: There are two interesting settings: "Dynamic FSB" and "Option for System Memory Frequency"
Pages: 1 2