Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] acer 7740g modify RAM timings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I have notebook acer 7740g and I want replace memory in it. But in place where I live i can't buy memory that match to it by RAM timings. I bought CORSAIR Vengeance CMSX8GX3M2A1600C9 but it has timings larger than needed, so my notebook can't function normally and I can't change timings from BIOS because it does not support such operations.
Is it possible to modify RAM timings in the BIOS?

In this notebook used Phoenix bios and this is unlocked bios for it from here bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Acer-Aspire-7740G

Here is original BIOS http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...0876171796&Step1=Notebook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%207740G&OS=721&LC=fr&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_13

Here is timings of original memory: 8-7-7-20 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 27-59-4-8-4-4-20 (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP-FAW)
And here is timings of new memory: 9-9-9-24 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / {I don't know, I will find this information if needed}

Thank you in advance for your help.
(03-07-2015, 04:52 AM)anaksimandr Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.
I have notebook acer 7740g and I want replace memory in it. But in place where I live i can't buy memory that match to it by RAM timings. I bought CORSAIR Vengeance CMSX8GX3M2A1600C9 but it has timings larger than needed, so my notebook can't function normally and I can't change timings from BIOS because it does not support such operations.
Is it possible to modify RAM timings in the BIOS?

In this notebook used Phoenix bios and this is unlocked bios for it from here bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Acer-Aspire-7740G

Here is original BIOS http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...0876171796&Step1=Notebook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%207740G&OS=721&LC=fr&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_13

Here is timings of original memory: 8-7-7-20 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 27-59-4-8-4-4-20 (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP-FAW)
And here is timings of new memory: 9-9-9-24 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / {I don't know, I will find this information if needed}

Thank you in advance for your help.

google 4 SPDtool 0.63 or 0.62 utility. better with its howto manual.
and try 2 do a speedup mod of timings of ur corsair RAM.
if failed google for .SPD file of another corsair RAM model with timings  8-7-7-20 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) if available.
and burn it 2 ur new slow ram. though there r some risks. always.

or google 4 another tools like MemSet or Thaiphoon Burner.... with manuals

do u really expect to see any speedup of ur pc by this RAM timings cut???? Angel