Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Extracting .fd file from OEM's .exe (AA E1-571)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having problems with fan control in W7 using v2.x BIOS in my Acer Aspire E1-571. I'm wanting to try and downgrade to v1.x, but downgrades aren't allowed.

I've tried opening the .exe file from Acer's site, but no .fd, .rom or .bin file is visible in the archive. I'm assuming it's encoded into the .exe file itself.

Anybody know how I can extract it?

Edit: Okay, no need to extract it. Found old versions with it unencrypted here.

Unfortunately it seems I can't downgrade from 2.x to 1.x even using recovery mode.
(03-13-2015, 12:32 AM)Gelgamek Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having problems with fan control in W7 using v2.x BIOS in my Acer Aspire E1-571. I'm wanting to try and downgrade to v1.x, but downgrades aren't allowed.

I've tried opening the .exe file from Acer's site, but no .fd, .rom or .bin file is visible in the archive. I'm assuming it's encoded into the .exe file itself.

Anybody know how I can extract it?

Edit: Okay, no need to extract it. Found old versions with it unencrypted here.

Unfortunately it seems I can't downgrade from 2.x to 1.x even using recovery mode.

Hello!

You must use a universal programmer, like MiniPro TL866CS, remove EEPROM from motherboard, put it in the programmer and erase its memory. After that, re-program it with the file (*.bin, *.rom, *.wph) from the desired version 1.x

Best regards!