Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [request] Add Ivy Bridge Microcode to AIO Inspiron 2320 (H61 Chipset, BIOS A10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi

Here is my version of this mod for you to try. I used all the microcode from my own motherboard bios (Gigabyte Z68M-D2H) which officially gained support for the i7-3770K and other Ivy Bridge CPU's through an update)

I've noticed that the latest Intel microcodes don't contain all of them! There were some microcodes in this bios which weren't in the Intel microcodes after extraction (From the 2015-1-21 latest download)

Give this one a try, at your own risk of course!

Let me know how you go!

Code:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/gjgewq
Let's hope that works, I was unaware the latest 2015/1/21 was incomplete. Thank you for that info 1234s282 Smile
(04-13-2015, 08:05 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Here is my version of this mod for you to try. I used all the microcode from my own motherboard bios (Gigabyte Z68M-D2H) which officially gained support for the i7-3770K and other Ivy Bridge CPU's through an update)

I've noticed that the latest Intel microcodes don't contain all of them! There were some microcodes in this bios which weren't in the Intel microcodes after extraction (From the 2015-1-21 latest download)

Give this one a try, at your own risk of course!

Let me know how you go!

I'm very excited to try this. I'll see if I can get to this tonight but maybe not until tomorrow, lots to do tonight!

Thanks!!!
(04-13-2015, 07:39 PM)ibihab Wrote: [ -> ]I'm very excited to try this. I'll see if I can get to this tonight but maybe not until tomorrow, lots to do tonight!

Thanks!!!

Let us know how it went please Smile 

Regards
Sigh. No dice.

1. Boot do USB DOS window.
2. Flash BIOS
3. Cold boot - with success using G630
4. Shut down
5. Install i7 3770k
6. Boot - orange light and four beeps...again.
7. Reset BIOS
8. Remove battery
9. Reset BIOS ... again
10. Boot - orange light and four beeps
11. Reinstall G630
12. Boot - orange light and three beeps
13. Reboot, no errors with g630 the second time

Not sure what's going on. I sure wish Dell would just be so kind as to update the BIOS!

In the meantime, I really appreciate everyone's efforts on this. Is there something else I can try or help with???
I may have a solution, it may not be a good one but still a solution.

It looks like the motherboard is a standard atx board

All I can suggest is replace it with a board with the same dimensions that supports Ivy?

Regards
(04-13-2015, 08:12 PM)LosSantosPro Wrote: [ -> ]I may have a solution, it may not be a good one but still a solution.

It looks like the motherboard is a standard atx board

All I can suggest is replace it with a board with the same dimensions that supports Ivy?

Regards

Have to be careful here, Dell power supplies output power differently , if a standard ATX motherboard will fit in the case, I'd recommend getting a standard ATX power supply from a reputable brand (not a generic one , and definitely not the Dell supplied one)
When opened , this bios also has another module named "MicrocodeUpdate" which I'm guessing has something to do with why this isn't working, however I've had a look at it in a hex editor and can't see how it's related Sad
I have just had a brainwave thanks to 1234! Why not insert a MicroCode module from a known Ivy compatible dell?
Breakthrough!!!

I have found a Dell Inspiron 2020 that has Ivy compatibility. I used its MicrocodeUpdate module and the normal raw microcode module also. I have attached it below to test.

Proceed at own risk

Please report back

Kind Regards
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8