Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [request] Add Ivy Bridge Microcode to AIO Inspiron 2320 (H61 Chipset, BIOS A10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
No problem! Thanks! Smile
Hello guys.
Sorry to bring this topic back, but does anyone had sucess with trying an Ivy Bridge in this Dell AIO?
I also have the Dell AIO 2320 and by mistake I bought a Core i5 3570K, before knowing the BIOS problem.
Any help will be great.
Regards.

PS: Sorry for my english, I´m from Brazil.
(08-15-2016, 11:33 AM)gustavocwb Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys.
Sorry to bring this topic back, but does anyone had sucess with trying an Ivy Bridge in this Dell AIO?
I also have the Dell AIO 2320 and by mistake I bought a Core i5 3570K, before knowing the BIOS problem.
Any help will be great.
Regards.

Hi, sorry no dice i'm afraid, this is a weird one
(08-15-2016, 08:19 PM)LosSantosPro Wrote: [ -> ]
Any help will be great.
Regards.

Hi LosSantosPro.
Thanks for the answer. Well, I´ll try to sell this i5 3570K and buy a core i7 2600s. At least this one I know that works in this motherboard.
Thanks again.
(08-17-2016, 07:12 AM)gustavocwb Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2016, 08:19 PM)LosSantosPro Wrote: [ -> ]
Any help will be great.
Regards.

Hi LosSantosPro.
Thanks for the answer. Well, I´ll try to sell this i5 3570K and buy a core i7 2600s. At least this one I know that works in this motherboard.
Thanks again.
Yeah bud, thats your best bet
Hello,
I contact you because I've a problem from my Dell Inspiron One 2320 with a bad Update bios , after the bad update the computer have restart 1min and after Shutdown and since nothing, not fan, not power...
I've tried to :

1. Power off, unplug cord from rear of PC
  2. Press/hold power button for ~30 sec
  3. Reconnect cord and see if it boots
If that doesn't help, repeat 1 & 2, above and then:
  1. Open case and remove motherboard battery
  2. Press/hold power button for ~30 sec
  3. Reinstall battery and close up
But nothing... I've tried to download the bios update from the dell website for extract and to put in a USB FAT32 but i can't extract .HDR or ROM ...
I don't understand how this bios update working...

Could you help me please?
Thanks
(02-23-2017, 05:35 AM)hytere Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I contact you because I've a problem from my Dell Inspiron One 2320 with a bad Update bios , after the bad update the computer have restart 1min and after Shutdown and since nothing, not fan, not power...

But nothing... I've tried to download the bios update from the dell website for extract and to put in a USB FAT32 but i can't extract .HDR or ROM ...
I don't understand how this bios update working...

Could you help me please?
Thanks

I have the same issue. I want to reflash to chip on the motherboard, but it's 4096kb, not 2048kb. I looked with a hex editor, and it looks like only the second half (20000>) is the file dumped in this thread. I've replaced the second part of the chip with that, but no luck. I wish i knew how to extract the rom from the A10.EXE, because all the /writeromfile stuff doesnt work... any ideas?

I've added the origional extracted rom...Maybe this is also containing info for the i7 upgrade?
it looks like the Dell Inspiron One 2320 PC can only accept Intel Sandy Bridge CPUs and not the Ivy Bridge ones due to Dell BIOS limitations.
for the case with jeroengroen & hytere, it looks like the motherboard will have to be replaced [Dell part no. 6d4yp or nv103] after a bad bios update
Hi! I upload original rom file for Inspiron 2320 A10 BIOS. You can use it to change microcod for supporting ivy bridge processors. If you can do this, i will pay you good money. Thank you. 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9FvNv...1pzanVkdmc

This is update only, not bin or rom. Must change original rom. I have Inspiron 2320 & i want upgrade to i7 3770.
Adding microcode doesn't add support for new CPUs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8