Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Power serg my bios :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
was updating my bios on a M2N68 motherboard, ASUS
and at 55% there was a power serg in the building, and all power was out, now when i try to turn the computer on it starts up for 4 sec then power down, i guess bios all messed up.

i read i could take out the chip and flash it on a other motherboard, i been trying to but all applications i try to use to flash wont let me flash, always getting something about not supporting this

the motherboard i try to flash a m2n68 Rom file on is a MCP61PM-HM it has the same type of Chip socket,

the thing is could anyone help me out ? what program should i use to flash and is it even possible or am i just gona ruin the other motherboard ?

thx in advance

Rrconn
Have a read up on hotflashing

1. Boot up a working system (which contains the SAME motherboard as the dead one)

2. When booted to windows , swap the working bios chip for the dead one

3. Download the bios update and flash it from Windows (to the dead chip)

4. Replace the reflashed dead chip back in its original board and you should end up with 2 working boards

Regards
Admin
Also, if it turns out that you do not have access to a similar board, you can head over to the chip reprogramming page and send us your chip to be reprogrammed with the BIOS you want, assuming that the board itself is intact. (should be)

TheWiz