Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] HP Pavillion HPE h8-1020 desktop whitelist removal!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I'm new here, and have found my way here after about a week of frustratingly scouring the internet for solutions. In the course of the past week I have found out that:

1) The wireless card in my pre-built PC is awful,
2) I want to upgrade to a nice new 2x2 wireless ac card but HP imposes a restriction on wireless card upgrades so I can't, and
3) I would have purchased a USB wireless adapter but I only have USB 2.0 ports on my pc so my wireless would still be slow.

I will be extremely appreciative of anyone here who can help me with this issue! I bought the computer a few years ago so I am not worried about voiding the warranty!

Here are my current specs:

HP Pavillion HPE h8-1020 PC
64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Core i7-2600s
BIOS Version/Date: AMI 7.03, 3/29/2011
SMBIOS Version: 2.6
Installed wireless card: HP Half Mini 802.11 RT5390 WiFi PCIe Card WMIR-280GN 1x1

Card I would like to install: Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth HMC

I apologize if this issue has already been resolved for my current set-up, but I couldn't find a solution after searching these forums.

Thank You!