Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer aspire X3200
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all please excuse my first post if i have done anything wrong..

ok i have this X3200 and it was running a AMD duel core cpu i had a Quad core laying around so upgraded the duel to a quad the pc was running fine before the upgrade and booted to windows with a warning message first during the post test that there had been a hardware change but it flicked off to quick to get a good read. windows ran fine no excessive cpu fan spinup at all (cpu was repaisted using MX-4)
then on shut down and reboot i noticed a bios saftey warning and had a shutdown occur then nothing now this pc just gives me 1 longish beep and thats it with the cpu fan spinning not fast i have to say?
i have tried to replace the original cpu to no avail just the same 1 longish beep

now im reading conflicting reports as to weather this motherboard has a phyeonix bios or a award? it has the DAO78L Boxer board in it

so basicly im looking for some inspiration please on this one not had a bios saftey message before is there a fechure for this to stop a corruption happening? any help appreciated on this please

also had a read on both recovery methods but i can even get the latest bios file out of the acer.exe file as zinzip and all the other programs like winrar 7zip bla just keep giving me a error or corruption error

stumped and banging head up against brick wall on this one help please if poss many thanks in advance ed