Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Phenom II X6 support for GA-MA78GM-S2H
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there! Is it possible to grab a cpu information module from this bios and insert it into this ? Both are Award. Thanks for help!
Should be possible but im experiencing a couple of issues

Please bear with me!

Regards
Admin
Ok im back

Strangely these two boards do not have anything different in their microcodes ie. They both have identical entries. The only CPU support related difference i could find was the AMD AGESA Version in each one. The bios must have AGESA v3.6.6.0 to identify X6 CPU's , which the F8 board you linked to had but the F11 version of your own board didnt (It had v3.5.3.1) so ive upgraded the AGESA to v3.6.6.0

Try throwing in an X6 now to see if it takes it (Seeing as thats why the new AGESA version was released that may all that needs to be done)

Good Luck!

Flash at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Gigabyte%...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
Thank you very much. I also thought that agesa update is all I need. And thanks to you I have it. Thanks a lot.
(04-24-2010, 09:07 AM)Sonnabend Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much. I also thought that agesa update is all I need. And thanks to you I have it. Thanks a lot.

Just to confirm then that the X6 now works?

Admin
Eerm, the X6 isn't released until tommorow.
(04-25-2010, 09:25 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Eerm, the X6 isn't released until tommorow.

Oh right lol Tongue