Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire M7721 Bios Splash Screen Logo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Can you help me create a blank or so called black splash screen for my Acer Aspire M7721 mobo? I just want to get rid of the Acer logo in bios.

Here is the link to the Acer Aspire M7721 bios: http://www.acer.com.sg/acer/service.do?L...txParam=en&miu10einu24.current.attN2B2F2EEF=2957&sp=page15e&ctx2.c2att1=228&miu10ekcond13.attN2B2F2EEF=2957&CountryISOCtxParam=SG&ctx1g.c2att92=862&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2031857867

Thanks in advance!
There should be an option called Quiet Boot or something similar in your BIOS (Under Advanced BIOS Features) - setting this to disabled will not show the acer splash screen at boot.

Regards
Admin
the acer logo still pops up but for a shorter period of time.

can't we remove it totally?
Theres 2 bios files in ehre , depends which board your system has. I sure hope you dont need the 2MB one because my tools cant open it

Heres the 1MB file with no OEM Logo- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/975A1P03.ROM

Flash at your own risk!

Regards
Admin
hi,

thank you for creating the rom for me.

i've managed to flash my bios and it was successful.

the acer logo no longer appears in bios.

just wondering, how did you remove the logo?

another thing is that now my bios seems to show more details before loading windows.

care to explain?

Smile
Yes , the splash screen is located within the 0B module of an AMI bios so i just deleted this module using MMTOOL.

You are seeing more details about your system because thats all the splash screen does - covers the POST details.

Your system always shows these details but they are hidden by the splash screen

Regards
Admin
sorry for the late reply.

i would like to thank you for the clear explination.

by the way, i tried to re download the modified rom created by you but the link is no longer valid.

can you please upload the modified rom again as i want to keep a backup copy of it.

sorry to trouble you.

anyway, thank you in advance.
I can confirm that the link to my mod is still valid and working Big Grin

Admin
sorry mate,

false alarm, i managed to download from the link now.

Smile