Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gateway NV44
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Laptop is currently running Phoenix BIOS v1.3313

Is any modding possible?

BIOS image is attached.
Hello videogame57,

I will take a look at your BIOS image to see what can be unlocked.

~Steven
Hello videogame57,

Your BIOS image contains a hidden INTEL Menu. I will unlock this menu and reupload the BIOS here.

~Steven
Hello videogame57,

The BIOS mod is complete! The modified BIOS image can be found at the bottom of this post.

I have added a large INTEL Menu and fixed a manufacturer error in the menu's 'Video (Intel IGD) Control Sub-Menu' that caused the BIOS Setup Utility to crash or freeze upon entering.

Generic Warnings/Disclaimers:

Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the BIOS image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that [if applicable] your notebook is fully charged (100%), that the power adapter is properly connected, and that the chance of a power outage occurring is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is a good idea to have a working CRISIS recovery disk handy when flashing your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result or consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of the BIOS flash!

HASH VERIFICATION (DigitalVolcano's HashTool v1.1):
MDA5: 724d0bf8654a713fdd3816a2bade31e1
SHA-1: eec083cef365769852266bf464c67880294204f1
Everything seems to be going well so far, I haven't flashed yet, but WinPhlash got past the "Making sure old and new bios are compatible" stage.

Will flash soon when I can plug my laptop in because I was stopped for being on batteries.
I have 2 hours of power left, but that's not good enough for WinPhlash I guess.
BIOS works, these extra options are all debug and I don't find them all too useful, but thanks, it's interesting.
Hello videogame57,

So the new INTEL Menu is not appearing after linked... There is another function hiding the INTEL Menu. I will no-op it and reupload the modified BIOS image.
No I can clearly see the Intel menu

But everything in it is just debug/factory options

Like turning off SpeedStep, which I would never want to do because it's a laptop.
Could you post pictures of the existing BIOS menus please? This will give me a better perspective.
I'll take a picture next time I reboot my laptop, which may not be for a little while.
Pages: 1 2 3