Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: intel d101ggc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
my old pc specs ar
intel d101ggc
award bios version 0304.....unfortunately it does provide options to overclock
can any1 provide with modded bios which can atleast change only the fsb plz plz....it has locked multiplier ......thanks in advance
Intel use their own unique bios files which we are currently unable to mod Sad

Sorry
Admin
(04-25-2010, 08:21 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Intel use their own unique bios files which we are currently unable to mod Sad

Sorry
Admin

i opened the bios in modbin......a was able to change a line "system bus speed"from disable to enable and flashed the bios ....it worked but the values were blank......anyway to add values......bios used latest i.e 0313.....
more info
the board is intel with ati chipset....
so if bios modding is not possible ...then is any third party bios which can ....or any way to change fsb.......
Oh well thats interesting! - This board must be so old its before Intel made their own bioses!

You seem to be doing better than me , what bersion of mdbin opened it?

Regards
Admin
i used modbin v6 2.01.01
so can u tell me how add the values if possible ...........
one query
i was able oc my system with setfsb program and after restart bios shows the oc speed ...but after shutdown it turns to stock speed so is there anyway to make cmos remember the settings .......the oc is very good according to me hence i want it to be permanent(almost 1.3ghz oc i.e 50% oc)
yes , setFSB is not permanent hence you have to change it on every reboot.

You cannot easily ADD values to a bios as this would require the bios source code and extensive programming knowledge which we are not currently capable of

Regards
Admin
(04-26-2010, 06:25 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]yes , setFSB is not permanent hence you have to change it on every reboot.

You cannot easily ADD values to a bios as this would require the bios source code and extensive programming knowledge which we are not currently capable of

Regards
Admin

okay......i once read in forums that you can oc using third party bios with oc options having similar structure....so is there one one for this mobo???....also what about chfsb program......or is it that i have hit a wall and there are no alternatives to oc it permanently....
Well this is true for award and ami and possibly phoenix - if you find a similar board that uses the same chipset etc then MAYBE but this is EXTREMELY RISKY and could BREAK YOUR MOTHERBOARD

Admin
(04-26-2010, 05:51 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Well this is true for award and ami and possibly phoenix - if you find a similar board that uses the same chipset etc then MAYBE but this is EXTREMELY RISKY and could BREAK YOUR MOTHERBOARD

Admin

if your using a cpu with an unlocked multiplier like an intel extreme... look for a jumper on the mother board. switching it from pins 1-2 (normal) to pins 2-3(bios config) will give you a multiplier option in your current bios.

Nick
Pages: 1 2