Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Unlock A10 AX1000 Server Load Balancer bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the software license for this device expired. I am not renewing it, because it cost too much. I changed the hard drive and installed another software (Linux OS) but the unit reboot exactly every 2min 30sec. My guess is the watchdog timer is looking for some code from the A10 software that is no longer in drive. When I put the A10 OS back on, it run fine for days. Most likely a security feature built into this bios.

Problem is this unit's current bios code does not have any option to enter into the bios to modify it. The 2.5 minutes before reboot allow me to boot into freebsd and using flashrom, I was able to read the current bios. See attachment.

I recent learn about this forum and its ability to modify all sorts of bios. Please see if you can open this bios and modify it for me. I'm a newbie in bios editing. But I know a few thing about bios and how to flash/reflash. I have extracted the A10 bios using flashrom. I attempted to use the Phoenix bios editor 2.2.1.3 to open the bios but it error out.

This motherboard is not widely know, because its a netwok appliance, markings on the motherboar: CB-7975 REV.A5
Bios chip contain the following markings: PhoenixBIOS, E686BIOS, 1999-2004 Phoenix, 007374783.

The below flashrom output say the chip is SST49LF008A.

Code:
/root: flashrom -p internal -r backupax.rom
flashrom v0.9.7-r1711 on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p6 (i386)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org

Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Found chipset "Intel ICH9DO". Enabling flash write... OK.
Found SST flash chip "SST49LF008A" (1024 kB, FWH) at physical address 0xfff00000.
Reading flash... done.

Let me know if you need more information. Thank you!
Hello uknowme123,

This is an Award BIOS image. I am moving this thread to the Award BIOS Unlocking Requests forum so that it can get more attention from Award BIOS modders.

~Steven
At this point i am willing to offer $15 Paypal transfer to the account of your choice with a modified bios, to fix the issue below. Additionally, if you can modify the bios to get me access to bios setting, I'll pay $30.

Quote:Problem is this unit's current bios code does not have any option to enter into the bios to modify it. The unit reboots ever 2.5minutes if other OS are loaded.

PM me if you prefer. Thanks.
There is a way to enter the bios : while the unit boot, press Ctrl + B. Maybe you'll find a way to disable the watchdog or do something else Smile

This is your gift for Christmas ^^

Cheers