Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte bios mod help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, i have been signed up for this site for about 2-3 weeks now. i have found little help for learning how to mod bios sections using a hex editor. i have asked in other threads but i got no replies. I am stuck at the point when i have extracted the section of my bios i would like to mod using UEFITool and now i am scratching my head wondering how to modify this file of hex chars. i can do this myself i just need a good link or explanation of what i am looking for and how to change it. i literally only need to modify 1 setting. any help is appreciated

thanks,
codeman848
Hello codeman848,

I would love to provide assistance to you, but I am afraid that UEFI modding is beyond my knowledge. I modify new- and old- style Phoenix BIOSes.

If your BIOS is Phoenix UEFI, PM LosSantosPro for instructions. He has been working out how to modify Phoenix UEFI and may be able to assist you by now. If your BIOS is Insyde UEFI, BDMaster is, quite truly, the Master.

Do keep in mind that BIOS modding can be very difficult to teach, depending on the BIOS platform, so they may or may not be able to fully help you in this quest.

~Steven
(04-08-2015, 11:06 AM)codeman848 Wrote: [ -> ]hello, i have been signed up for this site for about 2-3 weeks now. i have found little help for learning how to mod bios sections using a hex editor. i have asked in other threads but i got no replies. I am stuck at the point when i have extracted the section of my bios i would like to mod using UEFITool and now i am scratching my head wondering how to modify this file of hex chars. i can do this myself i just need a good link or explanation of what i am looking for and how to change it. i literally only need to modify 1 setting. any help is appreciated

thanks,
codeman848

Hi friend,
Upload the Bios file or post alink to It and give to us all specs about your pc !
What are You trying to change ?
let me know
Regards
Awesome, thank you very much for having a look at this for me. My pc specs are:

Mobo: H87-D3H gigabyte board
Ram: 12g
CPU: intel i5 - 3.2 ghz
video card: GTX 660 ti
PS: 550w
HDD: 2x 500g western digital

if you need more info let me know.

the link to the bios file is here http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/BIO...d3h_f9.zip

what i'm trying to do is unlock the setting to allow me to increase my BCLK (baseclock)
hey its been about two weeks i was just wondering if you have had a look at this bios. if so im just wonderig if there is anything i can help with.