Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: AFUDOS does nothing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I'm trying to flash a bios on my laptop. When I execute the command it holds for a few seconds and then clears to a next line for command prompt.

Any way around this?

I tried AFUWIN in the desktop environment but it says unable to erase flash.
Going to need more info

What is the laptop make and model?

Bios manufacturer (if known)

Regards
(04-15-2015, 11:44 PM)LosSantosPro Wrote: [ -> ]Going to need more info

What is the laptop make and model?

Pre dell alienware corps m17x R-1.

Bios manufacturer (if known)

AMI

Regards

See its funny because Phlash works when I kinda wasnt sure whether my laptop... basically phlash works.
Can I try to flash the bios using Phlash or is that really not recommended?

Thanks
Well if Phlash works then it is a Phoenix BIOS, it is preferred you use DOS flash tools such as FPT to flash BIOSes as flashing through Windows is not recommended.
(04-16-2015, 07:12 AM)LosSantosPro Wrote: [ -> ]Well if Phlash works then it is a Phoenix BIOS, it is preferred you use DOS flash tools such as FPT to flash BIOSes as flashing through Windows is not recommended.

Its definately AMI unless the guy beforehand changed the splash screen Confused. The fact is to be truthfull the bios image didn't flash but it atleast went through all the checks. Anywho, theres no unlocking options for my ROM image (definately no expert but the check seems pretty straight forward). So as a final word, if your searching for a m17x r-1 pre dell bios, I myself think you'll be searching for a long time. They're old lol.

But thanks for all your help, the bios image still lives on!