Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Foxconn 520/560 A Award BIOS corrupted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am looking for an Award BIOS for a Foxconn 520A or 560A motherboard. All the files for these two MB's on the Foxconn site are corrupted...or at least that's what Award SLIC tool it's saying after running verification. Also the award bios editor pops the same message if you try to open the bios file. The corrupted file it's the main bios file inside the BIN. It reports a checksum of FF. I flashed this bios file and the POST gets stuck at code 1F which i presume refers to checking the checksum of the bios and writing back ( to the NVRAM/CMOS ) the values of the processor it discovered and any other initializations before it displays something on the screen.

However i have init for the video card, it shows the info of the video card bios ( make model memory, etc ) but after the beep just a blank screen with the video initialized, the monitor it's in the ON state, not standby, but no display.

This board had some problems with the VR for the RAM memory and now after repairing that it passes on board memory check but remains hanged at code 1F in the POST sequence. I tried with BIOS'es from other manufacturers that use the same chipset, it passes the 1F, but hangs at initialization of slots, so this might be a compatibility issue.

The main question it's how can i repair this BIOS that it's corrupted for the manufacturer site, or how can i get a BIOS file for this board that it's not corrupted??

Thank you !