Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Sony Vaio VGN-Z4 Advance Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi BDMaster,
i have managed to update the bios but i dont seem to have any control over the sata controller settings or ahci modes, there is only the power management and a little on the CPU that i can change, how come the other settings are not displayed ??

Would you be able to check the original bios for advance menus for me please?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content...726/VGN-Z4
I also found this i dont know if it helps,

Some brief background info for the tech people:
The BIOS is a InsydeH2O BIOS with tianocore module compression. There is a big setup utility (multiple languages) stored at 0x111068 in the BIOS file (length) 0x9705C. If you disassemble it you will notice that BIOS does not check a VSS variable in the advanced options suppress-if condition (like on the VPC-Z1, variable 0x258), it refers to opcode 0x27 instead. This opcode returns true so the advanced options get suppressed completely. I changed this instruction to the opcode 0x28 that returns false so the full options get revealed. In the BIOS ROM, nothing more than one byte was changed (0x27->0x28 in the suppress instruction). 25% of the BIOS ROM appears to be changed, this is a result of the tianocore compression of the 600kib setup module.
Not ALL options are unlocked, some still depend on VSS variables but did not seem important to me. Have a look in the detailed Z2 BIOS options table here.

http://freetexthost.com/3tgwsz55tu
Yes You right and I define IFR mods like More Options (Camiloml and TTAV134 used this word) !
We can unhide some Options modifying the opcodes and You have done !
The Bios file became different if You change 1 byte only as LZMA compression change all into !
So what do You want yet from me ?
Regards
(05-08-2015, 05:11 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Yes You right and I define IFR mods like More Options (Camiloml and TTAV134 used this word) !
We can unhide some Options modifying the opcodes and You have done !
The Bios file became different if You change 1 byte only as LZMA compression change all into !
So what do You want yet from me ?
Regards

Hi BDMaster,
i want to be able to modify the extra settigns like the raid controller (set up raid 0 and 1) and see all the settings which have been restricted, by sony including i/o settings and graphics.

if the bios file changes does this have an affect on the system settings?

I have seen this video on youtube with a vgn-z owner who has all unlocked settings of the bios and that is how i want mine, full control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXsMBST8ak0

is this possible??

please help
It depends about a Bios and EFI IFR !
I unkocked all into Code now only More Options are available !
Regards
Would you be able to access the more options ??
(05-08-2015, 06:55 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]It depends about a Bios and EFI IFR !
I unkocked all into Code now only More Options are available !
Regards

Hi BDMaster,

please could you edit my cp codes for more options for my BIOS please ?
Ok friend,
to see what I can unlock or unhide I have to sse all your Menu Tabs so prepare a
complete Menu Tabs Screenshots and upload here for me !
I will compre the actual Tabs and the possible unlocked to show You them !
Let me know
Regards

P.S. if You have some screenshots before the Bios Mod upload them too !
(05-10-2015, 03:30 PM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Ok friend,
to see what I can unlock or unhide I have to sse all your Menu Tabs so prepare a
complete Menu Tabs Screenshots and upload here for me !
I will compre the actual Tabs and the possible unlocked to show You them !
Let me know
Regards

P.S. if You have some screenshots before the Bios Mod upload them too !
Also these
Pages: 1 2 3 4