Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4: 771 -755 X5355 Microcodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everyone, i'm new here and this my first post !!YAYYAY!  Smile

OK, now to the drama - i tried the 771 mod on the 775 socket which is going terribly wrong for me. i got the Xeons x5355 quad core for the gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4 motherboard. it get stuck on the post screen with the processor name, CPUID = 06F7 and PatchID = 6B and no response from the keyboard. i can't enter the BIOS - only if i can take the CMOS battery out for 30 mins, then i get checksum error and i can temporarily enter BIOS setup. after loading default settings it will restart the computer, go through POST and to another black screen where it gets stuck.

i can't figure out if the memory (1x800MHz) or the BIOS mod is causing the issue. i have added the microcodes for the X5355 CPU. can someone please tell me if i modded it correctly.
(05-06-2015, 07:29 PM)addy86 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, everyone, i'm new here and this my first post !!YAYYAY!  Smile

OK, now to the drama - i tried the 771 mod on the 775 socket which is going terribly wrong for me. i got the Xeons x5355 quad core for the gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4 motherboard. it get stuck on the post screen with the processor name, CPUID = 06F7 and PatchID = 6B and no response from the keyboard. i can't enter the BIOS - only if i can take the CMOS battery out for 30 mins, then i get checksum error and i can temporarily enter BIOS setup. after loading default settings it will restart the computer, go through POST and to another black screen where it gets stuck.

i can't figure out if the memory (1x800MHz) or the BIOS mod is causing the issue. i have added the microcodes for the X5355 CPU. can someone please tell me if i modded it correctly.

You can try this BIOS.  I inserted a few extra 65nm LGA771 microcodes.  It had one newer one in there but perhaps it wasn't the right one.  Please post on whether it works or not.
Hi, thanks for that, just tried it but still no luck. i uploaded the file as .bin instead of .f8f. doing you think that would have made a difference?
That wouldn't matter. Did it boot but give the same error?
(05-30-2015, 03:16 AM)jmsandrsn Wrote: [ -> ]That wouldn't matter. Did it boot but give the same error?

yeah, it boots up, does the post then gets stuck on a black screen.