Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: gigabyte GA-M68M-S2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Motherboard Make/Model Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2

Bios Version You Want Modding: mb_bios_ga-m68m-s2_f2.exe (im new to this please dont judge! ><)

Link To Official Bios Download: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_DownloadFile.aspx?FileType=BIOS&FileID=15152

Nothing is really hidden in this bios, BUT, when I try to overclock it warns me that I made a change to the bios and automatically starts up in "safe mode" with default settings, and then when I look at it later, its changed back. I can't change the voltage (my ram needs a little more to run at its optimal speed) otherwise it seems to crash when i set it to 800mhz (its actual speed) I just wanna overclock my AMD processor like, .6ghz more. THANKS! (if this is in the wrong place please move it >< I'm new here)
Hi tech geek!

You did fine Smile As for the physical limitations of the board, I'm not sure if you will be able to push it that much. So, I guess my question is does the same mode message come up if you only barely adjust it, or is it only when you do it excessively? It may just be that the safe mode is there to keep your board from getting melted. In any event, what CPU and RAM are you using?

Thanks,
TheWiz
It starts caring way too early atleast for what I can tell, it starts out at 200x14 cpu clock and so far its booted with a very tiny push, it starts caring at 205x14, which, as you can imagine, is not that incredible.

AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core

3gb of ddr2 ram 800mhz under clocked to 677 or else it crashes on me

stick 1 1gb kingston pc-2 6400
stick 2 2gb centron pc-2 6400

If you want I could see if I could use print screen a bunch and get my CPU-z stats up

nevermind, it cares whenever i do it, it just has random fits of it >.>

I had it set to 204x14 for a while, rebooted and it wanted to start up in safe mode again
Did you try doing all of this with only the 1gb kingston in?

TheWiz
No, I haven't ever taken it out, I *believe* it was running at 800mhz (the ram) when I had just one stick in there

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I've just decided to upgrade, and on the motherboard I'm getting, I didn't know I couldn't overclock the CPU I'm getting without complication. I'm getting the 1055T Phenom II x6 CPU 2.8ghz and
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813157176
that motherboard, but it has the function to turn off turbo boost, but it apparently doesn't work right. I was wondering if there would be any way you could fix it? If you can't its fine, I don't really expect someone who isn't from Asus to add/fix it (or Asrock, idk if their different companies, I just know from most people ASrock is like the little brother of Asus)
AsRock = Amazing

As for the turbo, the reason it is probably not working with this CPU yet is because it does not have the latest microcode patches? or because it isn't the 8xxx AMD series board. So if you do have a spare chip or dual bios, we can try to fix it by updating the microcode.

TheWiz
If I have a spare chip? What exactly do you mean? It supports the CPU just not turning off the turbo boost. And I'm guessing I would have to copy the bios to something to make it a dual bios on AsRock? I haven't gotten everything yet, I ordered from newegg a little bit ago and expect everything here some time tomorrow.