Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP DC7700 CPU upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi

Does e7500 have a microcode for dc7700 sff?

Thanks
As I wrote:
(03-04-2018, 11:08 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]If CPU can boot without 1802 error, then you can update microcode for it.
I have an HP DC7700 that originally had a intel core 2 duo in it, but I want to upgrade it to a xeon for better performance and overclockability. but when i power it on, the motherboard beeps 8 times and nothing happens. then when i swith it back to the other cpu it works fine. I tried another cpu in it, an pentium e5200, it also works fine. this is the second xeon cpu i have tried. any help would be greatly appreciated!
ArtemisFowl19, read this thread attentively.
I am requesting that someone modify a dc7700 BIOS to the best of their abilities with these priorities in order of greatest to least:
- Add support for all LGA775 and LGA771 CPUs.
- Add support for Xeon L5420 (all models) and Quad Q8300 (all models).
- Use the latest official BIOS preferably and mod that. If not, then the newest one you can mod (I prefer to keep things as 'new' as I can).

I will:
- Include all tools and files I have for 775-771 Mods.
- Include BIOS installers and extracted files.
- Include web links to the 775-771 mods.
- Include the official latest and modded dc7900 BIOSes.

I have searched extensibly and only found someone's 'dc7900 modded BIOS' that was posted on an HP thread asking for a modded BIOS, but I couldn't install it with USB or CD (copies in root, FreeDOS and DOS directories). "Hewlett-Packard Development Company" is the shown publisher of the BIOS, and no 775-771 Mod methods worked for it.

All files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CazLi5...j5Vas1NDUE
I understand that the work was abandoned?
civicml, read this thread attentively.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5