Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Bios Mod for HP Pavilion g6-2377ez
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Hope you are well. I would like to first say this site/forum is fantastic, i know nothing about bios modding, but am really learning alot here.
I would like to have the bios for my laptop modded. id like to do this for a few reasons.

1) I would like to increase the amount of memory allocated to the Intel Hd4000 Gpu.
2) I'd like to access advance and power options menus.
3) I'd like to check/edit/remove white list components

Eventually id like to install OSX on the machine. But for now i only want to fine tune some settings.

The details of my machine are as follows.

HP Pavilion G6-2377ez

Vendor Insyde
Version F.26
Date 06/03/2014
ROM size 2560 KB

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
SKU D8P38EA#UUZ
motherboard Model 183F
Revision 56.32

Link to the bios

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66501-67000/sp66805.exe

I hope its possible to update and mod the bios.

Thanks

Best regards to all!
Hello, friend!
Bios in sp6**** and over is RSA signed. It's mean it cannot be flashed through IsdydeFlash (the flashing utility).Only HW SPI Programmer can solve this problem.You need to disassemble you laptop then you get access to bios chip on a system board.That chip must be soldered out so you can flash mod with programmer.If it is very difficult for you ask this request in laptop services.
Good Luck!
(05-21-2015, 11:52 AM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, friend!
Bios in sp6**** and over is RSA signed. It's mean it cannot be flashed through IsdydeFlash (the flashing utility).Only HW SPI Programmer can solve this problem.You need to disassemble you laptop then you get access to bios chip on a system board.That chip must be soldered out so you can flash mod with programmer.If it is very difficult for you ask this request in laptop services.
Good Luck!

Wow! that is a serious undertaking! I really don't have the knowledge or the skill. I personally don't know anyone who can do it. Hmmm. Well i guess i will have to keep things as is for now. Maybe i will get some old motherboards and tools to practice.

Thanks Da Vinci Code for the reply. Im sure there are alot of people out there with similar machines looking for an answer and solution.

Best Regards!