Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Unlock menus for Lenovo Y40-80
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(05-27-2015, 04:38 AM)fusecavator Wrote: [ -> ]I also own a Y40-80, and can confirm that the universal bios backup tool is able to save a copy of the bios. Make sure you're running it as admin, and also I dumped mine right after taking it out of sleep mode, although I don't know if that mattered.

I'm unable to help further as mine is bricked from a failed flash when updating to a new bios, so I'm unable to update to the latest to dump it.

Any info on trying to recover it would be appreciated. Fn + R appears to be the keys to hold when plugging it in, as fans go full blast and I get a quick blink on flash drive about every 10 seconds. The most recent version of Andy's tool this site hosts does not give a recovery filename when opening the bios from the update nor the backup I dumped before attempting to update. No filenames I've tried have worked at all.

You just went to star menu select sleep and then wake it up and do the reading? Mine is able to read it's on the write that there is an error!
Lol had same thing with amazing magic menu of overclocking and fan curve goodness then gone[emoji25]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
(11-09-2015, 01:33 AM)hector8505242936 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol had same thing with amazing magic menu of overclocking and fan curve goodness then gone[emoji25]

I haven't done the tool tho

Pages: 1 2