Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: No network after bios flash on Acer Aspire / Emachines E
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem with two Acer laptops. First have a Phoenix BIOS, second one has got InsydeH20 bios.

I made a BIOS flash in separate programmer because I thinked that the BIOS was corrupted. (I made i file dump of old BIOS). It was not a bios problem - it was a GPU problem. I made a reflow and laptop start working good. But, the laptop doesn't recognize lan card and WiFi card. The PCI-e card slot is OK because if I put inside anything else than WiFi, it recognize it (like DVB-T card). Other WiFi modul doesn't recognize.
If I load the old file dump into the laptop, it works good - but still without WiFi and LAN.
I tried change the BIOS chip from other (same type) motherboard (original BIOS inside, no one flash it at all).
but it still not working! Is any other EEPROM which can be bad (with saved MAC address)?
This problem is on Acer (Emachines) E640 - motherboard type LA-5912P.

I have a same problem on older Acer laptop, where was a bad BIOS chip - so I don't have the old BIOS dump.
Is this problem with corrupted MAC address or anything else? I didn't find anything about it on google..

Thank you for your help & time.
(05-23-2015, 03:07 AM)bajdik Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem with two Acer laptops. First have a Phoenix BIOS, second one has got InsydeH20 bios.

I made a BIOS flash in separate programmer because I thinked that the BIOS was corrupted. (I made i file dump of old BIOS). It was not a bios problem - it was a GPU problem. I made a reflow and laptop start working good. But, the laptop doesn't recognize lan card and WiFi card. The PCI-e card slot is OK because if I put inside anything else than WiFi, it recognize it (like DVB-T card). Other WiFi modul doesn't recognize.
If I load the old file dump into the laptop, it works good - but still without WiFi and LAN.
I tried change the BIOS chip from other (same type) motherboard (original BIOS inside, no one flash it at all).
but it still not working! Is any other EEPROM which can be bad (with saved MAC address)?
This problem is on Acer (Emachines) E640 - motherboard type LA-5912P.

I have a same problem on older Acer laptop, where was a bad BIOS chip - so I don't have the old BIOS dump.
Is this problem with corrupted MAC address or anything else? I didn't find anything about it on google..

Thank you for your help & time.

Hey Bro, did you manage to solve you problem? I have a similar problem too with an Acer 5552 (LA-5912p mobo). It turns out that i made a reflow to the motherboard GPU using a heat gun and then, when i turned on the laptop, any of the network adapters were not working. In fact, they were missing in the device manager. No WiFi, no LAN. I think that i fried some chip in the motherboard.

Greetings,