Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte GA-M61PM-S2 for AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am using a Gigabyte GA-M61PM-S2 Rev. 1.0 with BIOS F9D and a Phenom X4 945 (95W).

Now I bought an used Phenom II X6 1055T (95W) to give my rig the latest upgrade possible.

Donor is Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P with the same chipset [although the µCs are different: ITE IT8716 vs. IT8718], the latest firmware F7B supports AMD 6core CPU (update CPU AGESA 3.7.0.0).

I've modded the genuine F9b BIOS with new AGESA 3.7.0.0 and NCPUCODE, but it was not successful, Windows doesn't load properly, because the RAM is not recognized to the full extent, POST shows 128MB. Has something to do with the MEMINIT part, that is moved after working with cbrom. Bricked my board a few times, desoldering skills and a external programmer is crucial.

I would be pleased, if someone with much more knowledge and experience could extract the AGESACPU.ROM, MEMINIT.BIN and NCPUCODE.BIN from the donor BIOS and swap it with the outdated parts from the F9D-BIOS.

Kindly Regards.
Replaced SBF.BIN, AGESACPU.ROM, NCPUCODE.BIN, added dummy.bmp for padding.
The processor is now indentified, the correct microcode is being loaded, the memory is fine,
but still the X6 doesn't boot the OS.