Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Who makes Dell BIOS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've run CPUID and it just simply says Dell Inc for BIOS. I'm interested in the OptiPlex and Latitude line. I've read the older D830 are Phoenix and Phoenix is Award, im so confused. I see tools for Phoenix AND Award! So if I want to mod a Dell BIOS ROM for an D830 what utility do I use? I've be reading posts for hours and the more I read the more confused I've become. Id like to get into moding the bios myself rather than wait for someone who has edited it. Thanks in advanced for any help!
(05-28-2015, 02:55 PM)djdanrt Wrote: [ -> ]I've run CPUID and it just simply says Dell Inc for BIOS. I'm interested in the OptiPlex and Latitude line. I've read the older D830 are Phoenix and Phoenix is Award, im so confused. I see tools for Phoenix AND Award! So if I want to mod a Dell BIOS ROM for an D830 what utility do I use? I've be reading posts for hours and the more I read the more confused I've become. Id like to get into moding the bios myself rather than wait for someone who has edited it. Thanks in advanced for any help!

Never mind. I found that the SLIC Toolkit (im using v3.2) under the advanced tab will tell you the BIOS Info. I also have found out that you cant edit Dells BIOS like others. D830 is Phoenix.