Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gateway P-6860FX BIOS Unlock Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a Gateway P-6860FX with an Intel Duo Core T9300 @ 2.5 GHz running the Phoenix Technologies Ltd. Godzilla 94.28 BIOS

Download: http://panam.gateway.com/support/drivers...spid=22109&dscr=Godzilla%20BIOS%20Update%20Version%2094.28&uid=453137519

My processor supports VT-x, but it came disabled and there's no option for it in the BIOS; I'd like for someone to please unlock any hidden directories/options in the BIOS (if there are any) and unlock the option to enable/disable virtualization.

Thanks guys
It's an Phoenix Old Style Bios here You go :

http://rghost.net/8NS9xJLS5

So let's write to Sml6397 (Steven) our Phoenix Bios Expert and Moderator and
He will unlock quickly !
Regards
Hello Shadouhan,

I will take a look at your BIOS image later on today or tomorrow to see what can be unlocked.

~Steven
Thanks so much guys; I'm gonna be leaving for University of Illinois: Urbana-Champaign in a couple of months where I'll be double majoring in Computer Science & Computer Engineering (ranked #5 for both programs). I'm reading up on pentesting and since I'm doing general studies freshman year, I want to be ahead in my classes but I require VMWare/VirtualBox for some parts; to hold myself over, I'm live booting my virtual environment from USB. So thanks so much for helping me accomplish my dreams, it means a lot Smile
Hello Shadouhan,

Congrats! Smile

Your BIOS mod is complete. The modified BIOS image can be found at the bottom of this post.

I have added the Intel VT-x (virtualization) setting to the bottom of the Advanced Menu. I would have added more settings and menus, but this BIOS not only does not have its settings pre-linked to their respective menus, the normal sub-menus do not even exist in the first place. A normal BIOS mod would be impractical for both the user and the modder. I can add individual settings later if you need them.

Generic Warnings/Disclaimers:

Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the BIOS image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that [if applicable] your notebook is fully charged (100%), that the power adapter is properly connected, and that the chance of a power outage occurring is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is a good idea to have a working CRISIS recovery disk handy when flashing your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result or consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of the BIOS flash!

HASH VERIFICATION (DigitalVolcano's HashTool v1.1):
MDA5: 4981c95e4d07b50b57e2e36cd35af42b
SHA-1: 7c6b5526d9c290c32bfc70d30e6570ed83477f0e
My BIOS now looks like the P-79 Series of Gateway FX; sorry I couldn't attach the picture because it's too large, however it's still coming up as hardware virtualization not enabled when I run VMWare and the Microsoft Hardware Assisted Virtualization Detection tool with VT-x enabled in the BIOS. What should I do and how do I turn off trusted execution?
Hello Shadouhan,

The VT-x setting requires a power cycle upon changing.

Change the setting to enabled in the BIOS. Save your changes. Turn off your PC with the power button. 

~Steven
I know this is a VERY old post... Sorry, But if anyone in this posting is still active and possibly has a factory 94.28 or 94.29 bios file still that they can send me i would be very grateful, I've searched all over google for a week, Gateways AWESOME tech support kills off older files that must use massive bandwidth to them... Flashed my bios with that modded bios and all went perfect, asked me to reboot and now i have a black screen and nothing...

I have a gateway p-6860FX that had 94.29 Bios, Not sure what it has now, I installed that modded bios on this page.
Hello Kwas90,

The original, unmodified BIOS image is at the bottom of this post.

MD5: 3e502a9b7d702723dfd5bfdae35a7b38
SHA-1: 4cdc859237f74738e80105cac1206cc2d413f085

~Steven
(04-01-2017, 02:15 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Kwas90,

The original, unmodified BIOS image is at the bottom of this post.

MD5: 3e502a9b7d702723dfd5bfdae35a7b38
SHA-1: 4cdc859237f74738e80105cac1206cc2d413f085

~Steven

Thank you, You're a life saver, I figured i would try the modified bios, for some reason with a faster cpu i would lose touchpad in windows and it would boot loop until i fully powered it down and back on. 

Also what are the chances, I'm also Steven.  Big Grin
Pages: 1 2