Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus EEEPC 1015pd: using a different I/O board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! I'm new here, I've found this interesting forum looking for a solution for a few problems I've been trying to solve with my netbook...

So: I've got an Asus R051PX (I bought it used) with a different mainboard inside. I think it's from a 1015PD but I'm not 100% sure. The fact is that I still got the I/O board from the R051... so I have this problem:
- Mainboard thinks I have two speakers + two jacks (one mic + one headphones
- I/O has a mono speaker connection and a combo jack.

So the jack doesn't work and sound is faulty: I can't hear the right channel.

Because I know that this bios (AMI) serves many different models with both mono and stereo I/O boards I'd like to ask if it would be possible to force the mainboard into acting accordingly to the I/O board which is connected to.

Second problem is: lcd is too dim (on its brightest setting is still dimmer than a cheap laptop on it's lowest). It's like the older 1005HA, but having I a newer Atom cpu (n455) eeectl doesn't work.
I'd like to solve this to.

I know these requests are a bit unusual (and I don't know if they are feasible), any help is really appreciated.