Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: unsure how to proceed with flash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to update my bios to the latest one, so that I may be able to make the new cpu fan work. It stays on if I hit F2 and bypass the cpu fan error message. I don't have an option with my current bios for the fan which doesn't work with a new fan. Anyways, here is the link to the bios I'm trying to install.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/self...O5O3KA30R1

The system has WIN7 I get an error trying to install this bios because it is for Vista. I've tried running it in compatibility mode for vista same 9998 error. I've made a bootable flash drive and included the file PH1614.EXE I'm not sure how to get the bios onto the rom. I've extracted the sp43096.exe file i do not see any rom files. Does anyone have a bios for this I believe this one is 5.49

Thank you,
Eric

[attachment=8697][attachment=8698]
I cannot find any Bios for this PC !
Let me know better !
HP has all Bios RSA Signed so it's not possile to flash It from Dos if HP hasn't previewed !
Regards
I found a file sp43096.exe but I don't know if is for your pc or not !
This is the Bios exracted from ISO file :

http://rghost.net/8zC5ly5Bz

Let me know
Regards
Flashed my bios to the newest version. Still no setting about the fan sensor, but it seems better so far.
Thank you,
Eric
hi eric702.  what kind of HP or Compaq computer are you using?

I use a Hewlett-Packard A6110n desktop computer and the "fan sensor" BIOS options are hidden but are not shown when normally entering the BIOS setup when pressing the F10 key.
Instead of pressing the F10 key during boot-up, I press [Ctrl] and [F10] keys simultaneously so that when I enter BIOS setup, the Hardware monitoring option is shown in the Advanced menu where I can either enable or disable the CPU fan and System fan sensoring options.

Try pressing Ctrl+F10, instead of just the F10 button on the keyboard when turning on the computer or at the HP logo startup screen.

Also the Ctrl+F10 key combo even worked on my friend's HP S5120y Slimline computer to access the "hidden" fan sensoring options in BIOS setup.