Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Downgrade bios for Acer Aspire E1-571(G) from 2.21 to 2.0x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Firstly hello all.

could any one shine some light how to re flash the bios back to an older version on acer e1-571 running factory windoz 8.

foolishly flashed the bios with latest version as suggested on the acer site when checking for better vga drivers.

the previous bios version was 2.07 , current version 2.21

would like to flash back to ver 2.07 , why o why ..did i flash 2.21.

now the strange thing is that the 2 different bios version show different graphic memory in bios.
on bios version 2.07 the intel hd 4000 on board graphics showed 128mb ram
on bios version 2.21 the intel hd 4000 on board graphics shows 64 mb ram

when used on the only video game played,the system would run on lowest settings just, bios ver2.07, now on bios ver2.21 the system suffers from major frame drop and lags massively, nothing else has been changed except the bios version

ok ok i know,,, silly fool.

tried to reflash back to 2.07 using Q5WV1207.exe / InsydeFlash.exe, get error " bios version compare error "
acer forum is just , well useless...

spent the last 5 days or so reading here and some Russian site using translator. now have brain lock.. is it the end.

so please can any one help me out...

what about using one of the unlock bios mods here for the acer e1-571, will it cause any issues with the windoz 8 validation thingy, some user have reported good results and others have ended up with a paper weight.

downloaded QWV1221_MN_UNLCK , all ready on usb stick,,will it brick the computer, its primary function is invoicing and emails for work.

should i just call it a day & leave as is, its either imposable or some one knows a way.

any help , insight , pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Jon

ps, feel bad just joining for some tech help.. if possible will help out in other ways.
Use this tool run It as Admin and upload here the esult file :

http://rghost.net/7xBfRPCvp

Do the same using this too :

http://rghost.net/53128665

Let me know
Regrads
Firstly thanks for responding,

ran BACKUP_Tools12.exe ...attached

problems running second program "Universal Bios Backup.exe" run as admin, get error. [ can not identify BIOS ]
manually in gui
options for memory size,
think e1-571 <>8mb , 4mb one or the other .

Ran Universal Bios Backup.exe in 8mb and 4 mb mode as per labelled files

have to post files in next post, having problems uploading
[attachment=8709]
Not sure what happened uploading rom files,,,, they vanished.

forum system telling me " max size for that file is 2048kb" $%£$

so compressed files using rar hopefully that won't cause problems.

again thanks.
I hope It will work well :

http://rghost.net/7r5x4ndpL

Let me know
Regards

Donate to me for my work and time . . . look into my Signature Wink
Thank you very much BDMaster for you time providing the relevant files, i also hope it works well ,only one way to find out.
will let you know the out come.

again many thanks.

Regards

J
THANKYOU Sir BDMaster for providing the required files to downgrade bios from 2.21 to 2.07 with unlocked features.. nice

Works great,, loading windoz seemed to take a little while longer,since messing with it in the 1st place, after 1st load all other loading time back to normal,, which is normal .

Bios graphic option default to 128Mb as per original bios 2.07 config.

Tested FPS under full load, low res just like it was,, 22/25 fps.. great back to normal.... thankyou.

Plucked up courage,set graphic aperture & allocated memory both to 512MB, reboot system ,, all good,,, windoz 1st load took a while,which is normal after making changes,,, all good. tested \fps under full load, what a major improvement, almost doubled fps rate 47/50fps. & 27/31 fps at mid res option.,. wow.

going to fiddle running cooling fan for longer more constant speed..

Anyone installing bios upgrade on acerE1-571, check beforehand, changes from bios 2.07 to 2.21 was shocking, fps under 2.21 was very poor. for me under 12 fps, performance issue relating to integrated graphics HD4000 & the reduced shared memory was a major backwards step.... don't do it, no options to change setting in factory setup..if it was not for Sir BDMaster who saved the day... many thanks Sir.

A few questions, if I may.

what software required / used to compile & view bios files.

can the above provided file be used to downgrade from different bios versions, ie, 2.13,2.17 or is it just for 2.21 to 2.07.

regards

Jon...
This is a Generical Downgrade or Upgrade to v.2.07 Menu Tabs Unlocked from any version !
Regards
(06-08-2015, 05:37 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]This is a Generical Downgrade or Upgrade to v.2.07 Menu Tabs Unlocked from any version !
Regards

Hi, 
Can you upgrade this files again? I have de same problem...
Thanks
Hi! Any one here? The link to to unlocked bios is restricted! I have an acer e1-571 with hd graphic 3000 to please help me thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3