Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Dell Alienware 17 (Mid 2013) BIOS Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
How interesting - today i read the original chip that i had taken off the mainboard. Speaking of which, there's a slight error in the original post - i flashed a brand new chip with that dump i found on this forum; i hadn't touched the original chip, after i took it off the board.

My programmer took about 10mins (635sec) to read the whole 8Mbyte (64Mbit) chip, and it turns out it's empty. I most definitely have NOT erased it, although it being empty might explain why the laptop didn't do or say anything, when it first came in.

Like i said in my first post, only after i replaced the bios chip (with that dump that i had found), did it start the 7-beep thing.
Hello everyone, 

Sorry for the immediate post right after account creation but I've just been so excited cause of my new laptop and I can't wait to start tinkering on it!

I've recently acquired an alienware 17 secondhand with an i7 4700mq in it.

I've also been very interested in this thread over at techinferno:
https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/f...ck/&page=1

Seeing as the alienware 17 has a good cooling solution, I'd love to know if this is possible with an insyde bios. 
I've tried following the steps described in the thread but since he's using an AMI bios, I get stuck at the 4th step.

If it helps, here is a reference bios directly from Dell. I've also linked the zip in attachements.
http://rgho.st/6pwHx7vSk

Thanks in advance, 
Steerty
Hello!
Run this tool as Admin and upload results
https://www.sendspace.com/file/x64ra8
Note.This tool not works on win10 shell.
Hello and thank you very much for the reply.
Sadly I only have Windows 10 available at the moment, I'll try and get hold of a Windows 7 installation. This could take a while though, I'll post back with the results as soon as possible.

Thanks again!
You can boot from Win7 Live DVD and run tool from that shell.
Hello and sorry for the delay. Had some trouble getting windows to work so i could run the tool.
Here are the results sendspace.com/file/v2vg9k
Thanks a lot in advance
Hello!Your mod completed and sent in PM!Check it!
Hello and thank you for your work.
I tried first method almost 10 times but it didn't work, always gave me error 28.
Then I tried second method, rename 3 files VAS00X64.FD, VAS00X64.bin, VAS00X64.rom, put them on usb, detach battery and AC, then insert USB, hold end button and connect AC. I hold the end button 15 minutes but i hear no beep, I see usb blink maybe 2 times. I disconnect AC, try again same thing. I try and start laptop but i hear 8 beeps, and screen is black with 2 grey lines. How do I fix this?
Unfortunately only SPI PGM+pomona SOIC8 clip can do this job!
Hello,

What do you mean? What went wrong and how do i flash correct bios?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7