Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Add AMD Turion 64 support to Acer Aspire 1360 - AIDA64 screenshots added
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UPDATE: AIDA64 Screenshots added with current CPU and motherboard information.

Hello,

I have an old Acer Aspire 1362LC laptop with a Sempron 2800+ (Socket 754, I believe it is a SMN2800BIX3AY, 130nm Dublin core) CPU running on a VIA K8N800 chipset. The current BIOS version is 1.14 (1.15 appears to be problematic, so I am cautious with this version, also I could not flash it).

I have an AMD Turion ML-37 CPU (TMDML37BKX5LD, 1,35v, 90nm Lancaster core) that I would like to install as an upgrade. Would it be possible to modify BIOS version v1.14 to add support for this CPU? I have tried installing the CPU, but the computer will not boot at all (fan spins up, monitor does not display anything). When I returned the Sempron, everything worked normally as before.

Many thanks in advance!

Ralph

P.S.: I have done some searches on CPU microcode for the Turion ML-series processors, but to be honest I don't quite know what to look for - this site might be interesting: http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search...=microcode If not, please give me feedback Smile Thanks!