Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: BiosDB.com - Take a picture of it :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I hope it's not against the rules to post here the project I'm currently working on and I'd really like your opinion.

Project is BiosDB.com, and as I like to say: It's the weirdest thing you'll ever do Big Grin

tl;dr: I'm taking actual photos of BIOS settings and uploading them on my website in case you ever need to check what kind of BIOS settings you can expect when you're buying a laptop.

The long story:

Quote:Few months ago I had opportunity to work on really interesting project that required great amount of automatization. We started writing down hardware specifications for computers that will power this project, and among standard requirements we had some requirements that people don’t usually take into consideration when buying regular home PCs.

We weren’t buying them for regular use, and we had to make sure whole system will work 24/7/730 with minimal remote interventions from our developers.

So we went shopping and hit the brick wall. You can buy the computer, but you can’t enter BIOS before you pay for it. We were standing in the store, ready to buy multiple computers and other necessary equipment, and they didn’t allow us to enter the BIOS. Talk about what-the-* moments!

The only option they offered us was to call the authorized dealer for our area and hope they will give us the required info.

Time was running out, google search didn’t return any useful info and manufacturer’s websites had little or no info.

That same night, I registered this domain. I finally caught some time and decided to start this blog. And I need your help.

What do you think? Does it make any sense to you? Would you be willing to take a few minutes and upload your photos?