Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: very old Toshiba 5200-902, is anything possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi first time poster here. I have quite an old laptop, which I like to keep running as a bit of a side project (Toshiba 5200-902 UK).

I recently tried to upgrade it from 2x512MB DDR1 to 2x1GB DDR1 and although I can get through memtest fine, windows throws up acpi bsod errors. It runs fine with a single stick of 1GB memory so I can only assume there is some kind of bios issue preventing the laptop from using more than 1GB memory (acpi errors occur with 1gb+256mb too).

The bios itself just shows up as a Toshiba one in msinfo32 and z-cpu so I am not sure which bios category on this site it would fall under (if any). Its mostly designed to be controlled through windows, if I boot into the bios then the only option available is to change the time/date and password.

So the questions are:
1) Is it possible to modify this bios?
2) Is it possible to fix the ram limit?
3) Is it possible to open up additional bios options outside windows (ie so i can change boot order if using something other than windows).

Thanks for any guidance on this.