Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Returning the Intel HD 3000 graphics instead Radeon HD chipset GPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

In last few days was try to found any BIOS patch or DSDT modification for ROM of notebook ASUS X54HR(motherboard in BIOS view identified as K54HR).

So. Radeon 7400M chip thats was hotly pined into motherboard was hide Intel HD 3000 integrated in CPU i3.

I have some reasons to run HD3000 and switch off Radeon graphics but i was used last 7 years OS X system and I like to use simple running Intel HDA.

The problem was found in Pins configuration and video ram model that defined possibility as GDD3 thats not supported in OS X(it can run only with GDDR5) and model of controller thats not really defined. It's maybe 6000 or 5000 or 7000 controller with unknown framebuffer.

So. I need any possible help with running the Intel HD 3000 inside my CPU.

I have a look into device list and found only activated 1c3a 0x8086 device:

$ -> 00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c3a] (rev 04)

and any intel 0x106 or 0x116 or 0x112 is hidden.

Question: have any chances to do a BIOS modification and return working ability of Intel HD3000 integrated graphics?

I was try to find a blocking code into Radeon 6760 ROM but a ROM can't be downloaded from chipset with special firmware but ASUS motherboard is to ugly builded.

I was try to fix DSDT tabled code but Intel HD3000 not defined into it(only PEG0 and no any PEGP thats needed). Huh

Please ... Help me to return HD3000 if it possible(maybe it is not blocked by contacts of hardware). Original BIOS attached in post.
hello . did you find solution ?
because i have the same laptop and the same problem . i need for the same reason . for OSX Huh Huh
(07-09-2015, 11:58 AM)Hi!Very late reply! However - did you solve the problem? Do you still have the laptop? If not - are there any ways you can normally use the HD3000 GPU - or does the laptop only show the discrete GPU? From a macOS point of view, HD3000 is not supported (officially), but the dosDude patch allows Mojave on much older computers, including 2009 or older MacBooks.Please reply and send a PM if still needing help!Jommoner / Jommoner JimJam xShift Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

In last few days was try to found any BIOS patch or DSDT modification for ROM of notebook ASUS X54HR(motherboard in BIOS view identified as K54HR).

So. Radeon 7400M chip thats was hotly pined into motherboard was hide Intel HD 3000 integrated in CPU i3.

I have some reasons to run HD3000 and switch off Radeon graphics but i was used last 7 years OS X system and I like to use simple running Intel HDA.

The problem was found in Pins configuration and video ram model that defined possibility as GDD3 thats not supported in OS X(it can run only with GDDR5) and model of controller thats not really defined. It's maybe 6000 or 5000 or 7000 controller with unknown framebuffer.

$ -> 00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c3a] (rev 04)

Question: have any chances to do a BIOS modification and return working ability of Intel HD3000 integrated graphics?

I was try to find a blocking code into Radeon 6760 ROM but a ROM can't be downloaded from chipset with special firmware but ASUS motherboard is to ugly builded.

I was try to fix DSDT tabled code but Intel HD3000 not defined into it(only PEG0 and no any PEGP thats needed). Huh

Please ... Help me to return HD3000 if it possible(maybe it is not blocked by contacts of hardware). Original BIOS attached in post.
(07-09-2015, 11:58 AM)Hi!Very late reply! However - did you solve the problem? Do you still have the laptop? If not - are there any ways you can normally use the HD3000 GPU - or does the laptop only show the discrete GPU? From a macOS point of view, HD3000 is not supported (officially), but the dosDude patch allows Mojave on much older computers, including 2009 or older MacBooks.Please reply and send a PM if still needing help!Jommoner / Jommoner JimJam xShift Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!