Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Need a Packard Bell 'Dot a' unlocked BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a Packard Bell dot a netbook. I tried to upgrade memory from 2Gb to 4Gb.
BIOS recognized the 4Gb but I couldn't use it, in windows I saw only 1,75 Gb usable memory (same as with 2Gb RAM before).

First I tried to update BIOS since I thought that causes the problem and this is why I don't see any settings in it. So I tried to install 1.18 version with the windows installer but after reboot I have a black screen, it looks like I'll have to do a BIOS recovery, described in the service manual (attached).

But once I start working around this, an unlocked BIOS would be great.
Official 1.18 BIOS attached.

Many thanks in advance!!!
Regards
Adrian
Sorry, it looks like I can't attach any single file for some browser and/or firewall reasons.
Here is the link for the original 1.18 BIOS.
The BIOS is not the problem here I don't think, it sounds like you are running Windows Vista Basic/7 Starter? Am I correct?

If so you will need to upgrade to a higher version to make use of the full 4GB
I'm running windows 8.1 professional.
And also it would be great to allocate more memory to the video card once I'd have 4Gb...
Ok friend,

Acer Aspire AO721 bios, this is a Phoenix (new tyle) Bios and Sml6397 is our Expert and Moderator
ask to him sending a PM and He will produce a Bios Mod unlocked surely !
Regards
Hi BDMaster,

thanks for the suggestion, I asked Sml6397 but no answer. Maybe he is on holiday… Smile
I'll try to be patient...

regards
Adrian