Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Please Unlocking and Overclock Dell Inspiron mini 1011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Dell Inspiron Mini 1011. Would someone be so kind as to unlock all the hidden features/menus? I am especially interested in AHCI and increasing the amount of video ram. As far as the AHCI controller goes, I can use setpci -s 00:1f.2 90.b=40 to set the field at offset 90h to 40h which gets it to switch from legacy IDE, so I know it is there and and can be enabled.

Code:
00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) SATA AHCI Controller [8086:27c5] (rev 02)

Here's a link to the bios:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/0...Id=R246690&fileId=2731129099&osCode=W732&productCode=inspiron-mini10v&languageCode=EN&categoryId=BI&DCP=DNDTAG

Thanks. Smile
Would anyone have time to take a look?
One last bump.
It's a Phoenix Bios (new style) ask to Sml6397, write to him a PM !
Regards
-Manufacturer: Dell Inc
-Type: Laptop
-Model: Inspiron mini 1011
-Bios Type: Phoenix Tech BIOS
-Bios Download Link: http://downloads.dell.com/bios/R246690.exe
-Bios revision dell inc A06
Hello lolipop2015,

I will take a look at your BIOS image to see which settings can be unlocked.

~Steven
Hello lolipop2015,

The BIOS mod is complete! The modified BIOS image archive can be found at the bottom of this post.

I have unlocked the hidden INTEL Menu and added 4 new keyboard settings under the Advanced Menu. Unfortunately, there were no overclocking settings available in this BIOS image.

READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE FLASHING YOUR BIOS!!!
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the BIOS image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that [if applicable] your notebook is fully charged (100%), that the power adapter is properly connected, and that the chance of a power outage occurring is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is good practice to have a working CRISIS recovery disk handy when flashing your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result or consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of the BIOS flash!

HASH VERIFICATION (md5file.com):
MDA5: c6d58c2aecd9465152b63adf03990ab8
SHA-1: 2f5dd0736c545d4118efae64e7b473370452561d
You are the Best One Wink !!!
Regards
Thx you bro you best <33 !!!!!!!!!!
Hello forum!

I have a one old sh|t: Dell Inspiron mini 1011. It have been at the balcony during several years and became locked because of its main and CMOS batteries death - its BIOS locked me from any changes every start up (asked for admin password - it was never installed by me, but came automatically after CMOS data was destroyed). No chance to unlock it by password generators - I was tried them all.

I came into this forum and start at this page: "https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/phoenix-bios-recovery". Found good tips and tricks about Fn+B, Win+B and the END buttons at start up. I tried all combinations combined with AC cable plug-in (still without a new CMOS battery), and at one moment - BANG! - this brick started again without password! This moment I plugged in a new CMOS battery - to prevent BIOS from expose password. No annoying passwords anymore Smile

Well, I used a Phoenix CRISIS Recovery utility (also from "https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/phoenix-bios-recovery"). I just prepared a 2GB SD card with MS-DOS 7.10 (without HIMEM.SYS driver!), then put there three files: MINIDOS.SYS, PHLASH16.EXE (from recovery utility) and BIOS.WPH. The last one (A06 bios_mod.rom just renamed to BIOS.WPH) came from Sml6397's post #3 from this thread (all thanks are going to him!).

After restart (without HDD - only with SD card in USB card reader) I came into DOS with Norton Commander, then I started a file PHLASH16.EXE and it automatically found a file BIOS.WPH - the process of flashing was started immediately. It have been continued about two minutes - the program showed me a blocks of memory those were reflashed one by one. After all, laptop demonstrated a black screen, but restarted in 10 seconds. I was impressed by new menu tab "Intel" in BIOS with many new functions. Some of them work good, some are absolutely decorative (like AHCI settings - it doesn't want to start with any HDD). Anyway I unbrick my pet and want to use it for internet downloads and something like that. When I disconnect and reconnect a new CMOS battery several times - it was no bloody password (!) and I hope it never comes again. Also hope my experience will help somebody else with reparation of laptop without unsoldering BIOS chip. Really: theese ingeneers from Dell are stupids - they attached a hardware security level as for ATM cash machine to the chipest netbook... I killed a week for it... Bloody he||... Sad

So my bigest thanks are to BIOS mod author - Sml6397 !
And many good years to this useful forum!