Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [SOLVED] Sony VAIO VPCCA i7 2860QM Quad Core Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There you go
[Image: 2mx1g82.jpg]
[Image: rk1miq.jpg]

1. Uncheck Number of proccesors
  2. Check Detect HAL
  3. Press OK and reboot
(09-19-2015, 11:26 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
  1. Uncheck Number of proccesors
  2. Check Detect HAL
  3. Press OK and reboot

Finally!!! It was 1)!!! (I don't have the "Detect HAL" option).

I enabled core parking back to save energy and everything is working fine.

Thanks a lot guys!
I had my suspicions that was it, that's why I asked about msconfig Smile

glad you got it sorted
Just interested how the quad core has been working in Vaio?

I have Sony Vaio 14" VPCCA3S1E (model: PCG-61714M) using i3-2330M (35W TDP) and I have been thinking about quad core upgrade like i7-2630QM
(45W TDP, 2.0GHz, 6MB). You have been using much faster CPU with same TDP but I guess in real life it will heat a little bit more than i7-2630QM (because 2860QM has 2.6 GHz, 8MB cache).
So if 2860QM has been working fine, then I guess the 2630QM will work fine for sure? Smile

Thanks for your response in advance,
J
Note that i7-2630QM has TDP=45W
So this laptop can overheat and CPU can't run with full speed (Turbo Boost) .
(01-22-2017, 06:59 AM)jonval Wrote: [ -> ]Just interested how the quad core has been working in Vaio?

I have Sony Vaio 14" VPCCA3S1E (model: PCG-61714M) using i3-2330M (35W TDP) and I have been thinking about quad core upgrade like i7-2630QM
(45W TDP, 2.0GHz, 6MB). You have been using much faster CPU with same TDP but I guess in real life it will heat a little bit more than i7-2630QM (because 2860QM has 2.6 GHz, 8MB cache).
So if 2860QM has been working fine, then I guess the 2630QM will work fine for sure? Smile

Thanks for your response in advance,
J

Sorry, I just saw this by chance! It has been working great! It's true that the TDP is higher than the original specs, and I´m not constantly pushing all the cores 100%, but it was a visible improvement over the original CPU. It is still my main personal laptop.
  • Hello Folks.

I just want to determine which CPU's are Supported by the mentioned Vaio. I was able to find out, that 2820QM, 2670QM and 2630QM are supported. 2820QM was via Thread here in the Forums, th other ones are Webfind and one of those directly equipped by Manufacture 2630Qm. I also tried to find CPUID's in a dumped R0242V4 BIOS, since nowhere on the web you can find a downloadable one. I only get about 5 or 6 CPUID's in it, which linked me to celerons and the 2820QM. Because there are more Quadcores out there that will fit G2 Socket, and diffenrent TDP's, i want to know which CPU's could fit, or if someone with or Experience can read out my dumped BIOS. Furthermore if it's possible that someone can add CPUID's to the dumped BIOS, so that other QM's will be sopported. As Bonus it would be great to know if Quadcores of the 3000'er Modells would fit, because of 22nm and lesser TDP's.

Any Help would be appreciated and i'll try to respond in time.

Ps.: the Bios was Dumped with "Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0", and the ID's were readed with "MCExtractor v1.52.6 r176", last one was a bit confusing in its Results, only 7 or 8 collmms were listed, one under each other.

With kind regards - ToxSySone, an excuse my Spelling!
Link to G2 comaptible CPU's:

https://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket...988B).html
Pages: 1 2