Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 and AMD Phenom II X4 955 95w
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I know this board is old but just wanted to see if anyone could check the BIOS to verify it can accept this CPU
The Gigabyte website states it can support it but unfortunately it seems it does not
It recognizes the CPU on boot but when trying to install Windows or Linux it crashes
I've tested the CPU in another system and it works fine, swapped memory, Video, hard drives, no go

one thing that seems really strange is that the file size is different
Downloaded file from Gigabyte website is 486.6kb
extracted file ma69vms2.f10 is 524kb
extracted bin is 131kb

Maybe I extracted the file incorrectly?
It's a too old Award Bios and cannot say nothing !
Regards
Actually just realized that I didn't need to unzip it past the 10e file. Using cbrom I found all the other bin files associated with it. How would I go about extracting the CPU info from it? I've found another forum where another user was able to mod the bios from a similar bios by gigabyte. Looks like it can be figured out. The checksum of the bios seems to be the clincher after modding. Basically just want to confirm the processor I am trying to add is actually supported. The manufacturer states it is but it doesn't seem to work like it should.