Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP 15-AC502TU wifi module whitelist removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to upgrade the wifi to AC7260.
Please help to remove the whitelist and unlock the advance page (if available).

Model: HP 15-AC502TU
BIOS: Insyde 080C1

Original BIOS: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72095.exe

Thanks a lot for your help !!
Actually, I had followed the guideline in this forum to successfully build the new ROM. However, one big gap is that using the Andy tools, there is no RSA.SIG generated. Although I am not sure how is that file required, but in my case, there seems missing some way to generate a XXXXXX.S12 file in order to flash the ROM together with the XXXXXX.BIN file. As a result, during the flash, error message telling that the new ROM cannot pass the signature verification (so I suspect that I didn't have a new corresponding XXXXXX.S12 file).
As mentioned in the guideline, I checked that there is no "decrypted" keywords in the log, so I expected the ROM is not RSA encrypted (please kindly help to confirm).
Nevertheless, I am quite urgent to make it in order to ready the notebook to deliver to my son for his school.
Hope someone can help. Thanks.
hi everybody.
I am new to this forum but I found this forum is very helpful to solve my difficulties.
However I am not sure whether I raise the request here is appropriate or not.
Or will it be very impossible to fix the whitelist for HP notebook as I got the similar information in this forum ?
Can anybody help or should I supply more information?
Anyone can help ?