Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] 8GBs for Toshiba Satellite A205-s5000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I would like to upgrade the ram in my toshiba satellite a205-s5000 computer, problem is the BIOs does not support more than 2GBs of RAM. Could someone release a modified BIOs for the toshiba satellite a205-s5000 that can support up to 8GBs of DDR2 RAM? For now I will be upgrading the laptop to 4GBs of RAM but in the future I plan on getting 8GBs of RAM for the machine as this is my work computer.

Thank you,

Kyle
Hello Prenotion,

I am not currently capable of memory-increasing mods. I can, however, provide BIOS menu mods (unlocking hidden settings, menus, etc.). Would you still like a BIOS mod?

Note: My schedule is very unstable right now with school (4 AP classes, Marching/Pep Band, volunteering, etc.), so please do not feel ignored if replies are spread out over a few days or weeks. 

~Steven
Toshiba Satellite A205-S5000 is based on Intel GL960 chipset. This chipset officially support only 2Gb, unofficially - 3Gb. It can't address memory above 3Gb limit without errors. So you can use 2Gb (1+1) in dual-channel mode or 3 Gb (2+1) in single-channel mode.
(09-22-2015, 03:18 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Toshiba Satellite A205-S5000 is based on Intel GL960 chipset. This chipset officially support only 2Gb, unofficially - 3Gb. It can't address memory above 3Gb limit without errors. So you can use 2Gb (1+1) in dual-channel mode or 3 Gb (2+1) in single-channel mode.

Hi, so it's me, Prenotion, I am just on a new account cause I forgot my details. Thank you for explaining this to me. I'm sorry for being late to this. I've since got rid of the laptop but I appreciate your answer.