Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Dell Optiplex 360 Modding Bios for E5320
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(09-25-2015, 03:24 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2015, 03:19 AM)pieroeffe Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I did not understand, then this firmware should work?
I think your cpu must boot but with errors. Platforms are different. And you said it didn't boot...
P.S. Please delete service tags.

I tried the modified firmware "O360 1067A-A07-771.exe" with the xeon E5320, but the computer would not start. Beep beep emitted endlessly.

After I replaced the CPU (putting the old one )  the system is turned on normally. I noticed, however, that during the restart (not from off) the computer emitted a faint sound without start, so I had to pull the power plug and turn it on normally.
Each time you restart Windows this happened.

So I brought the bios to the official DELL "A07" and everything is back to work correctly.
Do you clear CMOS before install new CPU? I need CPU-Z screen (first three tabs) with working cpu.
(09-25-2015, 04:18 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Do you clear CMOS before install new CPU? I need CPU-Z screen (fitst three tabs) with working cpu.

No jumper on the mainboard to reset the CMOS, there is only the jumper to reset password.
However I did reset the bios through the function of the bios "Reset to default"
It's enough?

About CPU-Screen , I will do it as soon as possibile.
It's not enough. You need to remove battery.
(09-25-2015, 04:38 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]It's not enough. You need to remove battery.

I did that too
Please download Service Manual and go to page 124. What is your "Beep Code"? Then go page 127. What is you "Light Code"?
(09-25-2015, 04:18 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Do you clear CMOS before install new CPU? I need CPU-Z screen (first three tabs) with working cpu.

here the pictures of cpu-z
I think it's a hardware problem. So you can't solve it by updating microcode.
I will check the beep code and Light code later.
But Can you confirm that "O360 1067A-A07-771.exe" have the microcode for my cpu?

Thanks
Your CPU (Xeon E5320) has СPUID=06FB and PlatformID=6. Native and modded BIOS have identical microcodes for this CPU - version B4, 03/14/2007.
I look in BIOS of Asus RS260-E4/RX8 version 1002 with supporting Xeon E5320. It has the same version B4 of microcode too.
So you the hardware problem and you can't solve it by updating microcodes!
Pages: 1 2