Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Dell Optiplex 360 Modding Bios for E5320
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Given that I read the entire forum, I have a Dell Optiplex 360 and I've already tried the modified firmware O360-A07 1067A-771.exe , which unfortunately does not work with XEON E5320 SLAEL (my computer emits beep beep at startup and does not start)

Could someone help me to get the firmware for optiplex 360 bios that supports XEON E5320 SLAEL (G0):

CPUID    06FBh
Core stepping    G0
Processor core    Clovertown
Manufacturing technology (micron)    0.065

Alternatively, someone could explain me how to add the microcode to my bios?

I thank all for any support you can provide me

this is official last firmware from Dell :
Dell OptiPlex 360 System BIOS A07
Do you glue adapter to right side?
[Image: LL]
(09-23-2015, 11:28 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Do you glue adapter to right side?
[Image: LL]

Yes of course,

I tested the same cpu on other G41 Mainboard and work very well.
Please show Service Tag (located on the back of the computer case, but can also be located on the top or side of the system).
the service tag is J5W5J4J
OK, you can delete service tag. Which was a beep code when you tried boot up. Did it change without any memory? Can you verify your cpu on other motherboard? Can you boot your Dell 360 with other cpu and post screenshot of CPU-Z, tab - Mainboard?
P.S. Modified firmware from this thread have microcode needed for CPUID=6FB version B4, March 2007.
Sorry for the mix up, the correct service tag is J9WGJ4J.
(09-24-2015, 12:00 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]OK, you can delete service tag. Which was a beep code when you tried boot up. Did it change without any memory? Can you verify your cpu on other motherboard? Can you boot your Dell 360 with other cpu and post screenshot of CPU-Z, tab - Mainboard?
Yes I will try it soon
(09-24-2015, 12:00 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]P.S. Modified firmware from this thread have microcode needed for CPUID=6FB version B4, March 2007.

Sorry I did not understand, then this firmware should work?
(09-25-2015, 03:19 AM)pieroeffe Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I did not understand, then this firmware should work?
I think your cpu must boot but with errors. Platforms are different. And you said it didn't boot...
P.S. Please delete service tags.
Pages: 1 2