Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo G470 (4328) brightness can be only set to min and max after screen replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey lads, I just replaced my screen and now I can only switch between min and max brightness, if I put back the old one it'll work normally, if I put the new one right after the old one (with the laptop running) it'll work normally with the new screen, but after reboot my laptop it'll have only min and max brightness levels again.

I couldn't buy a Samsung screen I bought a Seiko Epson or something.

I searched and somebody had my problem with some other laptop (same BIOS) and Lenovo replaced their whole motherboard.

Do you guys think that I can fix this with some BIOS modding or something? I'm not in a mood to deal with Lenovo Support.
I already reflashed my BIOS and even downgraded to 2.09 but I had no changes so far.

(sorry for any typos, this is not my natal language)

(oh, and I don't now if this is the right zone to post this thread)
It seems an HW compatibility issue and SW is not compliant to this !
I have no idea where is possible to make modify, so too much time,
too much research and may be nothing to do at last !
Better sell this one and buy one suggested for this laptop !
Regards
(09-27-2015, 02:46 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]It seems an HW compatibility issue and SW is not compliant to this !
I have no idea where is possible to make modify, so too much time,
too much research and may be nothing to do at last !
Better sell this one and buy one suggested for this laptop !
Regards

Yeah I was thinking the same Rolleyes

Thanks anyway, keep modding.

Edit: Hopefully I use linux "acpi_backlight=none" on my grub file solved the issue