Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A. What do you mean by bad bios flash. More importantly, are you sure u formated the USB correctly.

TheWiz
(01-25-2010, 06:43 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]A. What do you mean by bad bios flash. More importantly, are you sure u formated the USB correctly.

TheWiz

i tried to flash one of the old modded bios from here onto the mobo,but i tink it sort of failed and now my mobo can only power up with no POST or beep sound.
for the thumbdrive,i used the HP utility together with the 3 bootup files of win98 and then put in the awdflash,the new modded bios,and created the autoexec.bat
when i was powering up the mobo,i realise my thumbdrive wasnt blinking,so means the mobo isnt reading from the usb ports?
Yeah thats pretty strange, as this bios has been tested to work, I am suprised that it failed for you, unless something in yousetting up the USB weny awry. You may have to try all these steps with an IDE floppy.

TheWiz
Also, you can buy a bios chip replacement for 20 dollars on http://biosman.com with the unlocked bios pre programmmed.
(01-26-2010, 07:16 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah thats pretty strange, as this bios has been tested to work, I am suprised that it failed for you, unless something in yousetting up the USB weny awry. You may have to try all these steps with an IDE floppy.

TheWiz

hmmm...but in the first place,even if the mobo is unable to boot but powers on,is the mobo able to read the usb?if yes,then i tink im gg to try booting it on a working system first
do i need to press ctrl+home??
Yeah Ctrl home or ctrl f9. But just because the board is powered on doesnt mean it will be able to read the usb or any other device for that matter.
(01-26-2010, 01:12 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Ctrl home or ctrl f9. But just because the board is powered on doesnt mean it will be able to read the usb or any other device for that matter.

so its better to use the floppy first?
I would try that first.
(01-27-2010, 07:31 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]I would try that first.

doesnt seem to be working...im using onboard vga,one stick of ram,and no optical drive light flashing
(01-28-2010, 07:04 AM)Spyderz Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2010, 07:31 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]I would try that first.

doesnt seem to be working...im using onboard vga,one stick of ram,and no optical drive light flashing

anyway i tink cld be my floppy drive problem.i tested connecting only power cable to my dvd rom and it was flashing but the floppy wasnt.and also,my keyboard light wasnt on.