Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, download v2 of the BIOS mod, flashed just fine.

Enter Power Management Setup but many options are overlays (two functions on one line) with "confusing" text - but I'm starting to figure some out but not others. A list of the functions would be helpful. Some settings I have are:
B = On (what is "B"?)
G = Fast (what is "G"?)
t = Disabled (what is "t"?)
Q = Enabled (what is "Q"?)
M = Setup (what is "M"?)
M = 1.4 (what is "M"?)
O = Non-OS2
M = Enabled (what is "M"?)
S = Disabled (what is "S"?)

However, setting will not "take" as the "Load Fail-Safe Defaults Defaults = Yes" can not be changed to NO - it always changed back to YES. Therefore my CPU speed and K8<->NN HT settings are ignored and the system remains at 2.6GHz.

Ideas?

Regards,
GEWB
In regards to the funky text asnd options, we are working on removing it, but it is VERY hard. As for the saving OC settings, when u enter the bios, set the OC options you want, save the changes, and then unplug the system for 10-15 seconds.

TheWiz
thewiz- do u have any suggestions/idea if the mobo can be recovered despite the bios failure?im seeing if taking out the cmos battery works
Normally if there's no post, and you aren't getting any disk activity to pull the BIOS, then you have to get a new bios chip with the unlocked bios programmed on it. You should really check out http://biosman.com for recovery instructions and if they don't work then order a PLCC chip with the the unlocked bios preprogrammed, then u just pop the new chip in and you're all set, for 20 bucks. Or, take the ultimatem, and get a new board. Bbut I am curious how you proceeded to flash your board, as no one else on the forum has had trouble with this bios, and I know at least ten guys who have reported success.

TheWiz
(01-28-2010, 07:11 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]In regards to the funky text asnd options, we are working on removing it, but it is VERY hard. As for the saving OC settings, when u enter the bios, set the OC options you want, save the changes, and then unplug the system for 10-15 seconds.

TheWiz

Problem is the BIOS resets to default within one second of selecting "No".

Regards,
GEWB
I don't know if I forgot to mention this but that option really isn't intended for use. You are supposed to use the traditional save changes menu in the HP setup and then unplug the system.

TheWiz
(01-28-2010, 11:08 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if I forgot to mention this but that option really isn't intended for use. You are supposed to use the traditional save changes menu in the HP setup and then unplug the system.

TheWiz

Thanks for your reply. I'll restate what happens.

In the Power Management screen I can make my desired changes and those changes will remain after saving and exiting, with one exception: "Load Fail-Safe Defaults". This setting appears to over rides all user settings when set to "Yes" (which is the default setting).

Clicking "Load Fail-Safe Defaults" opens a pop up window to select "Yes" (default) or "No". I select "No" and close the pop up window which returns to the Power Management window. Within one second the "Load Fail-Safe Defaults" changes itself back to the default "Yes". There is no time to save changes then unplug the system.

I saved my setting and exited the BIOS setup using the HP menu. Upon re-entry, all of my settings remained except the "Load Fail-Safe Defaults" which returned to default.

Ideas?

Regards,
GEWB
If you are saving your settings, why would you need to worry about loading setup defaults. All of the options are savable, and this options is basically taken over by the HP version, it doesn't actually set anything. If you want, I can add disabling that option to the beta.

TheWiz
(01-29-2010, 10:22 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]If you are saving your settings, why would you need to worry about loading setup defaults. All of the options are savable, and this options is basically taken over by the HP version, it doesn't actually set anything. If you want, I can add disabling that option to the beta.

TheWiz

i managed to recover the bios,but unfortunately during the flashing of NT2v2mod.bin,the whole screen blacked out and im back to square one....now can somebody tell me if theres sth screwy with the bios?
(01-29-2010, 11:27 AM)Spyderz Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2010, 10:22 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]If you are saving your settings, why would you need to worry about loading setup defaults. All of the options are savable, and this options is basically taken over by the HP version, it doesn't actually set anything. If you want, I can add disabling that option to the beta.

TheWiz

i managed to recover the bios,but unfortunately during the flashing of NT2v2mod.bin,the whole screen blacked out and im back to square one....now can somebody tell me if theres sth screwy with the bios?

can somebody provide the original 5.27 bin ?

TheWiz

Thanks for your reply.

Do I understand your reply correctly:
> The "Load Fail-Safe Defaults" setting is NOT OPERATIONAL ("...doesn't actually set anything") regardless of the setting [Default = Yes or No]?

If true then I must have a different problem. The settings (other than "Load Fail-Safe Defaults") are saved but not applied on startup - system remains at default 2.6GHz speed.

(I will comment that I have been overcloking AMD chips since my first AMD 486.)

Regards,
GEWB