Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, I don't believe that it is optional. So, to correct the bios not saving, save options in the HP menu, do a reboot, and then unplug the system for 30 seconds. Tthen plugin and restart and all will be well.

TheWiz
(01-29-2010, 07:51 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I don't believe that it is optional. So, to correct the bios not saving, save options in the HP menu, do a reboot, and then unplug the system for 30 seconds. Tthen plugin and restart and all will be well.

TheWiz

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a try later this evening and report back.

Regards,
GEWB
thewiz - i tink definitely its the v2 bios that doesnt like my mobo,tried the second time
Linux_Rules I know this may seem silly but try a different keyboard as you may not know it but a key may be partially stuck down , like the f5 key which i think sets defaults,. also check the jumper setting and the cmos battery. also enable all of the options that are labeled with a single letter. just the ones which have an enabled or disabled setting.
anybody can tell me which pins to short?i tink the bios has screwed up to the fact that even taking out battery overnight does not work.i have to go thru the last resort of shorting the bios to initate boot block
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-p...33JCE.html
Gabe's the man at electrical engineering, any thoughts Gabe?
The 2 pins to short to force a checksum error varies from chip to chip. But these are usually the highest-numbered address pins (A10 and above).In this case it would be pins 23 and 30. Good luck.
[Image: pllc.png]
the best way to short would be just using the tip of a small screwdriver on each of the exposed pins right?
well you need to connect the two pins together so a paper clip or short piece of small solid core insulated wire (like a strand of phone cable) would be best.
(02-02-2010, 10:40 PM)gabefauver@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]well you need to connect the two pins together so a paper clip or short piece of small solid core insulated wire (like a strand of phone cable) would be best.

tried using paperclip..didnt seem to work