Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-09-2010, 10:29 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]I can send it to asia, too!
Depending on where precisely you want it to be sent I can tell you the exact amount of shipping expense...

singapore
I can't thank you enough for making this!!! I just loaded and so far so good, except for one thing. Before flashing, my PC booted off of my SATA drive, now its booting from the IDE drive. I checked under the HD boot priority and my SATA drive is listed 1st.

Also, I previously tried adding some new GSkill 2x2gb PC2-6400 memory. When the machine boots, the BIOS says I only have PC2-5300 installed. What's worse, when I get into Windows after about 30 seconds I blue screen with a "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA". Any thoughts if this BIOS upgrade will cure that issue?? The HP site says the board supports this speed, so I'm note sure why it is giving me issues.

Thanks again for unlocking the full potential of the systemboard!!! I can't wait to play!! Big Grin
(03-09-2010, 05:30 PM)talon4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't thank you enough for making this!!! I just loaded and so far so good, except for one thing. Before flashing, my PC booted off of my SATA drive, now its booting from the IDE drive. I checked under the HD boot priority and my SATA drive is listed 1st.

Also, I previously tried adding some new GSkill 2x2gb PC2-6400 memory. When the machine boots, the BIOS says I only have PC2-5300 installed. What's worse, when I get into Windows after about 30 seconds I blue screen with a "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA". Any thoughts if this BIOS upgrade will cure that issue?? The HP site says the board supports this speed, so I'm note sure why it is giving me issues.

Thanks again for unlocking the full potential of the systemboard!!! I can't wait to play!! Big Grin

some have to reinstall windows. Not sure why, but it sounds like a memory register. maybe try safe mode and delete page file.

to fix ram. go into bios and select maxmemclk. then select ddr 800

Nick
Well, this new BIOS definitely fix my memory issue. I've been running the machine for about 5 minutes and ran the Everest stress test and everything still working perfectly!! I can't thank you guys enough for your hardwork and effort. Now to figure out why the machine is still booting from the IDE instead of SATA. I can go into the boot menu and choose SATA and it boots just fine. Strange?!? I also noticed after installing this new BIOS that Win7 reloaded all my device drivers (SATA, NIC, USB, etc), is that normal??
(03-09-2010, 06:32 PM)talon4x4 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, this new BIOS definitely fix my memory issue. I've been running the machine for about 5 minutes and ran the Everest stress test and everything still working perfectly!! I can't thank you guys enough for your hardwork and effort. Now to figure out why the machine is still booting from the IDE instead of SATA. I can go into the boot menu and choose SATA and it boots just fine. Strange?!? I also noticed after installing this new BIOS that Win7 reloaded all my device drivers (SATA, NIC, USB, etc), is that normal??

it reinstalled my drivers also. no problems.

There are 2 setting you need to change to get it to boot off a specific drive.
Under Advanced Bios settings

Change Hard disk boot priority to Whichever is you boot drive

then a few lines down change "First boot device" to hard drive.

Nick
I have the same G.SKILL you do and it runs great, there is even an option for me to kick it to 1.9v instead of the usual 1.8v. Also, I will include the CPU voltage options in my second release with all the other updates I ahve coming, which I forgot to do upon writing these instructions.

TheWiz
any sites cheaper than biosman at $27 bucks per PLCC chip?
LOL, probably just having Tango send you one.
(03-09-2010, 07:42 PM)Spyderz Wrote: [ -> ]any sites cheaper than biosman at $27 bucks per PLCC chip?

Well heres one on ebay Australia , $9 + $6 shipping http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bios-Chip-HP-A635...2a038c4270

Regards
Admin
(03-09-2010, 10:23 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2010, 07:42 PM)Spyderz Wrote: [ -> ]any sites cheaper than biosman at $27 bucks per PLCC chip?

Well heres one on ebay Australia , $9 + $6 shipping http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bios-Chip-HP-A635...2a038c4270

Regards
Admin
theres quite a few MCP61PM-HM