Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-12-2010, 06:35 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]I was dumb enough to forget to unhide the CPU voltage options in the instructions, so version two will have that as well, plus splashscreen, EPA, AMD proccessor updates, fan fix, etc

Hey Man any updates on your hacked version of this bios yet? Would like to get a copy if you have one avail. Thx
I was waiting for Tango To make his revisions, but I think i will make a timely release soon with all the updates to keep it current. It should include at least the updated proccessor calls, fan fix, and CPU voltage stuff.

TheWiz
(03-13-2010, 10:26 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]I was waiting for Tango To make his revisions, but I think i will make a timely release soon with all the updates to keep it current. It should include at least the updated proccessor calls, fan fix, and CPU voltage stuff.

TheWiz

This board looks to use our same chip set and has updated processors if you need to pull any code from the bios
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.as...6813138111

Nick
We already support these proccessors, we jsut want to make sure that the calls are up to date. I find that board a very interesting match though to this board so I may ask Tango to test its retail BIOS out. also, we have had unexplained failures on the nettle3, and I havent been able to figure them out as everyone else is doing fine. if you have some time, id appreciate you looking into it.

TheWiz
(03-14-2010, 12:52 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]We already support these proccessors, we jsut want to make sure that the calls are up to date. I find that board a very interesting match though to this board so I may ask Tango to test its retail BIOS out. also, we have had unexplained failures on the nettle3, and I havent been able to figure them out as everyone else is doing fine. if you have some time, id appreciate you looking into it.

TheWiz

was going to give it a shot myself, but i could not seam to find anywhere if the super I/O controller was the same. also they make 2 versions of the same board. one with a + at the end that supposedly is am2+/am3 and one without the + which only supports am2. They have 2 different Bios files, but otherwise the specs are identical.

Nick
(03-14-2010, 04:32 PM)banana19 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2010, 12:52 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]We already support these proccessors, we jsut want to make sure that the calls are up to date. I find that board a very interesting match though to this board so I may ask Tango to test its retail BIOS out. also, we have had unexplained failures on the nettle3, and I havent been able to figure them out as everyone else is doing fine. if you have some time, id appreciate you looking into it.

TheWiz

was going to give it a shot myself, but i could not seam to find anywhere if the super I/O controller was the same. also they make 2 versions of the same board. one with a + at the end that supposedly is am2+/am3 and one without the + which only supports am2. They have 2 different Bios files, but otherwise the specs are identical.

Nick

what kind of failures on the nettle 3?

TheWiz

Nick

TheWiz

Nick

what kind of failures on the nettle 3?

also the biostar bios is a .bss file ands its 1mb
Okay, the bss file should be able to be renamed to .bin and viewable in modbin. the 1MB is an issue though, because unless you have a spare 1MB chip, the default chips on this mobo is 512. (So probably this is a better candidate for the nettle3) If you check the nettle3 thread, you'll see the first page with successes, and then it's like after that a straight row of failures, both with the HP mod and the abit bios, which makes no sense as the only difference is the am2+ socket. Maybe you can find out more for me, but I see no reason for failure.

TheWiz
I thought 'bout having the bigger BIOS-Chip, so I got it... Now I will give it a try...
Also got a brick of coal flashing my own second BIOS version I made of the ECS-OEM-BIOS with some abit-modules, a new AGESA, some splash- and EPA-logo HEX-mods and a mad bootblock, wich made the prob! thank god I got my flasher! Now I'm reworking the bootblock and trying out this biosstar (double!) BIOS. I hope to have success till friday...

So long
TW
(03-15-2010, 06:59 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]I thought 'bout having the bigger BIOS-Chip, so I got it... Now I will give it a try...
Also got a brick of coal flashing my own second BIOS version I made of the ECS-OEM-BIOS with some abit-modules, a new AGESA, some splash- and EPA-logo HEX-mods and a mad bootblock, wich made the prob! thank god I got my flasher! Now I'm reworking the bootblock and trying out this biosstar (double!) BIOS. I hope to have success till friday...

So long
TW

There is a 2 meg version of the biosstar bios also. it says "workstaion bios thou and has a ton more groups listed in modbin. think it may work?

Nick
We will see...
would be gr8 2 have such a BIOS 2 sell it, just 'cause it's worth it!! Big Grin
(03-15-2010, 11:46 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]We will see...
would be gr8 2 have such a BIOS 2 sell it, just 'cause it's worth it!! Big Grin

Hey guys what programs are you using to edit these bioses? I have awdbios editor, however I don't know where to go to edit specific things.