Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry I'm late on this, but here is the new test ROM for Nick to try to see if we are stable or not. This is intened to fix the fan issues, cpu upgrades, etc. If all goes well I will add a bit more and make it final.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/Net...2-Beta.bin

TheWiz
Just replaced the ACPITBL?
I don't know if you recognized the even bigger AGESACPU.ROM than yours? guess, why! Wink

Take a look @ the attachment, I love to work with MS Paint... Big Grin
All the inf WIZ wanted 2 have...

I hope the BIOS is functional not only in my PC...

During researches I found a nice text I even worked with:
http://twobombs.wikidot.com/2

And just another question: The only MCP61-board with support for 95W AM2+ and 65W AM3 is the MSI K9N6PGM2-V... Is it possible, it is similar, ready to assimilate into our collective? I want to built just another PC with our upcoming BIOS and best possible performance to check wether ours is best or not... Wink
Well then, if Nick wants to do some testing definitely grab that MSI retail and try it as well. My understanding though is that the AM3 65W (ie 095e Phenom II) are already set to go with the new AGESA we have in here.
The drivers work, I'll try the BIOS as well...
You've read the description?
And the support is "self-built" you know, MSI talks 'bout native support...
The board is different because the possible TDP is higher on this cheap board. I can get it for 35€, so it would be a "cheap rocket"!!!
Darn, My RDP got disconnected, so i lost the IM chats. Anyways, I need nick 2 try the latest rom posted, then we will work from there.

Chris
(03-24-2010, 12:18 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Darn, My RDP got disconnected, so i lost the IM chats. Anyways, I need nick 2 try the latest rom posted, then we will work from there.

Chris

will try and get to it tonight. At work now.

Nick
(03-24-2010, 12:41 PM)banana19 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-24-2010, 12:18 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Darn, My RDP got disconnected, so i lost the IM chats. Anyways, I need nick 2 try the latest rom posted, then we will work from there.

Chris

will try and get to it tonight. At work now.

Nick

successful flash.

Notes
File name to long for dos
EPA logo still at default
ACPI thermal sensor still way off (about 20 to cool)
System fan still reading 0 RPM
No cpu multiplier setting
Didnt see a FDD controler option to disable it
Floppy seek set at default on
USB keyboard/mouse set at default off

Nick
A. Rename to awdbios.bin on flash.
B. EPA comes in final release
C: What do you mean by 20 to cool. I am wondering if even the Iris8 has a different ACPITBL from the HP, but it looks as if they use the same bios)
D. If your system fan doesn't have a yellow cord, it will do that
E. CPU Multi. was in the abit bios, i need to check the biostar to see if it is abailable.
F./G./H. I will check modbin now see if we cant fix that.

The ACPITBL stuff is still abit baffling... i will make another release addressing this stuff in about 10 minutes.

UPDATE: I am going to hold off on the release till tom. I think we have to make a descision here, so listen up. The ABIT BIOS has the multiplier option, while the biostar has all of the voltage options, so basically we have to decide which is more important for uers to have. If we go abit though, we will lose splashscreen and epa, and probably the fact that it has the same 430 chipset roms. If we go abit we gain the multi back, no splashscreens etc. Also, what did you mean by 20 to cool?

TheWiz
(03-24-2010, 08:07 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]A. Rename to awdbios.bin on flash.
B. EPA comes in final release
C: What do you mean by 20 to cool. I am wondering if even the Iris8 has a different ACPITBL from the HP, but it looks as if they use the same bios)
D. If your system fan doesn't have a yellow cord, it will do that
E. CPU Multi. was in the abit bios, i need to check the biostar to see if it is abailable.
F./G./H. I will check modbin now see if we cant fix that.

The ACPITBL stuff is still abit baffling... i will make another release addressing this stuff in about 10 minutes.
TheWiz

I did rename the file Tongue its was just a note Smile
sysfan has three wires. should sence some kind of rpm.

It installed one driver on first boot. "cmos realtime" somthing

Hardware monitor ITE IT87
Voltage 0 2.32 Volts [0x91] (CPU VCORE)
Voltage 1 2.85 Volts [0xB2] (VIN1)
Voltage 2 1.81 Volts [0x71] (+3.3V)
Voltage 3 5.54 Volts [0xCE] (+5V)
Voltage 4 11.84 Volts [0xB9] (+12V)
Voltage 5 -4.99 Volts [0x4E] (-12V)
Voltage 6 -11.52 Volts [0xB4] (-5V)
Voltage 7 4.97 Volts [0xB9] (+5V VCCH)
Voltage 8 3.01 Volts [0xBC] (VBAT)
Temperature 0 2°C (35°F) [0x2] (TMPIN0)
Temperature 1 37°C (98°F) [0x25] (TMPIN1)
Temperature 2 25°C (77°F) [0x19] (TMPIN2)
Fan 0 2813 RPM [0x3C] (FANIN0)
Register space LPC, base address = 0x0290

Hardware monitor ACPI
Temperature 0 2°C (35°F) [0xAC0] (THRM)

Hardware monitor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4450e
Temperature 0 23°C (72°F) [0xCA] (Core #0)
Temperature 1 27°C (80°F) [0xDB] (Core #1)

Hardware monitor NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO
Temperature 0 43°C (109°F) (GPU Core)

Hardware monitor ST325031 0AS
Temperature 0 37°C (98°F) [0x25] (Assembly)
Temperature 2 37°C (98°F) [0x25] (Air Flow)

Nick
Hmmm interesting. So now I'm thinking there will be two versions, one for people who want an unlocked multiplier, and one for those who want the vlts. Ill have to think about the ACPI issues, i might have not reinserted it back in right.

TheWiz